Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
4g VZAcess uses SMS for usage reporting
flrver

The new VZacess ver 7.6 uses SMS to retrieve data usage from Verizon. I had to turn on SMS on my Data Stick to get usage via VZAcess and for messages about usage. Then I started getting unsolicited messages that I have to pay for. I contacted VZ support and they turned off premium message. They believed that the Verizon messages would not be blocked. I am not sure if Verizon messages are blocked but VZAcess will not retrieve usage since the change. I will put up with not being able to retrieve usage via VZAcess and have to just logon to the web site to check usage.
I do not have a block on one of my other lines and I added that number to the SMS list of phones to send usage messages to.
I wish that they did not change the usage reporting, in the older version they uses HTTP to retrieve usage data.

I also wish that they would fix the WEB page so that if you have a 10 gb plan it says 10 and not 0. They are cutting off the 1 in 10 so it say I have a 0 gb plan. The usage bar on the WEB page doesn't reflect usage either.

Labels (1)
0 Likes