4g lte vz access manager installation
jim11

I have just added a 4g lte 600 I installed on a windows xp based system. I have two login ins set up on the desktop 1 for myself 2 for my wife. I installed vz access manager after logging in under my login on desktop. If my wife logs in she does not have access to vz access manager. I attempted to install on her login and it would not accept because recognized it was already installed (under my desktop login) How can I get the vz access manager on her desktop so that it will work?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4g lte vz access manager installation
VL600_Boston
Contributor - Level 1

Hello,

Each user has their own settings for deskop items, start menu, etc.   Some items located in a directory called "All users" will show up in each user account.    Most programs such as VZam should show up in the Start Menu - All Programs listing.  If you see it there, you can click it and see what happens.   If it's there,  you can right-mouse button the menu item and add a desktop shortcut to the program.     If you don't see the item under the Start Menu -   you will need to add it.   The easiest way is to add a desktop shortcut to the program.   

To add the desktop shortcut do the following:  

1. Right click your mouse in an open space on your desktop.  Select "New"
  2. Then select  "shortcut" -  a dialog box "Create Shortcut" will open.
  3. Browse for the  VZam program under   C:\Program Files\Verizon Wireless\VZAccess Manager
  4. You should see the program called  VZAccess Manager.exe .  Select this item. 
  5. Click next and finish.    You should see the shortcut on your desktop.  
  6. Now you can move it where you want.  Double clicking will start the program.     

If the program won't start due to lack of priviledges - you may have to "right click'  to "run as",  or give your wife's account sufficient control.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: 4g lte vz access manager installation
VL600_Boston
Contributor - Level 1

Hello,

Each user has their own settings for deskop items, start menu, etc.   Some items located in a directory called "All users" will show up in each user account.    Most programs such as VZam should show up in the Start Menu - All Programs listing.  If you see it there, you can click it and see what happens.   If it's there,  you can right-mouse button the menu item and add a desktop shortcut to the program.     If you don't see the item under the Start Menu -   you will need to add it.   The easiest way is to add a desktop shortcut to the program.   

To add the desktop shortcut do the following:  

1. Right click your mouse in an open space on your desktop.  Select "New"
  2. Then select  "shortcut" -  a dialog box "Create Shortcut" will open.
  3. Browse for the  VZam program under   C:\Program Files\Verizon Wireless\VZAccess Manager
  4. You should see the program called  VZAccess Manager.exe .  Select this item. 
  5. Click next and finish.    You should see the shortcut on your desktop.  
  6. Now you can move it where you want.  Double clicking will start the program.     

If the program won't start due to lack of priviledges - you may have to "right click'  to "run as",  or give your wife's account sufficient control.  

0 Likes