4glte Speeds, false advertisement
Lazarus-Solsong

So I may not know a lot about how cellular networks work, however I do know at which capacity they should be working on average.

Verizon Wireless 3g service at maximum gets data speeds of 3megs down 1/2 up. Average 4glte speeds are 15megs down 5 up. The highest I had ever gotten. It was 60megs down and 20megs up (standing infornt of cell tower).

My biggest problem is I am no more than 3 miles from the closest cell site and with 4glte on my LG G2 get no more than 1meg down and 3 megs up. To add to this the highest buildings between me and the cell site are no more than 2 story houses and at least a mile of farm.

My question is why am I getting garbage service?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4glte Speeds, false advertisement
Weth
Legend

Do you know if your area has been upgraded to XLTE so your G2 can take advantage of Band 4 LTE? If not, that is likely the problem, oversaturation of the limited spectrum in the base Band 13 LTE.

0 Likes
Lazarus-Solsong

I am in a rural area, so therefore by that logic and Verizon's expansion I will never see band 4. Honestly even when I venture into the city of Phoenix nothing changes. Yet they said they place band 4 across the entire city.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lazarus-Solsong,

We want our customers to have the best service possible and definitely enjoy the benefits our 4G LTE network offers. What's your zip code? What device model do you have? How far away from home do you have to be to see improvements?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Lazarus-Solsong

My zip code is 85326. I use both an LG G2 and a Pantech MHS 291. I live roughly 4 miles away from what seems the only cell tower in town. I have to be within line of site of the cell tower to get better service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lazarus-Solsong

Thanks for providing these details! The zip code does have a range of services available. I'd love to take a closer look! What intersection are you closest to?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Lazarus-Solsong

N.Miller Rd and W.Baseline Rd are the cross streets I am nearest to.

0 Likes
Lazarus-Solsong

1 week ago I posted my response and it seems clearly that there is no problem just Verizon can not handle the strain of their customers on their network. Either that or during the day I m being throttled which goes against the FCC agreement.

0 Likes