5 Gigs of WHAT
ShowMeLIGHT

My service is worse than worthless.

I solved my issue by buying a new DSL service and reset my dial up account.

I am so very disappointed in this unit – but mostly in the huge data usage that it logs.

Poor service (just below Boston) and short battery life – These are not my pet peeve.

I only do about "10 text only" e-mails - a month!

We have accessed our bank about 9 times to manage our account – this works out to 4.85 gigs.

Verizon says - I used the data – It shows in my account –

But I did nothing to accumulate such data.

I was given a replacement unit – no change.

I striped my computer – no virus control, no Windows update.

I do not do games-video-surf-or TV-

I have nothing on my computer – as the store that sold the hotspot investigated.

I only do TEXT only Kbps (average) each and my bank account!

I tried to get out of this contract after the first 12 days – Verizon dragged me on – then said I was over the 14-day limit.

I did not have an account registered for 18 days into the contract – then I was really able to see my distressing use.

Where are all the things I am supposed to be able to do with the 5 gigs I am paying for?

What is the truth in advertising?

By my accounting I have only used less than 500 Megs – but I see 4.85 gigs, the first month, on the spreadsheet.

Does Verizon move my decimal point a couple places?

I can’t deny the amount of data recorded – but I do deny what I did to make it.

I can’t afford to use this thing in the slightest – I would need about 100,000 gigs at least.

I will shortly have to pay to $175 to get out of the contract.

$175 is better than paying on for something that does not work.

It hurts to pay for something and then pay to get rid of it a month and a half after purchase.

Did I mention that my dial up can many times beat this unit in speed?

I am not disconnected on my dial up as I am constantly loosing signal with the hotspot.

My feeling is that they call it a hot spot – because it runs SO HOT to the touch.

Any thoughts as to my ghost data usage?

Each time I sign in it is from 1 tenth to a half gig!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 5 Gigs of WHAT
BEYONDFRUS

We are having a similar problem even at 10 GB!!!!! I have 2 boys and all they are able to do with Verizon 4g is facebook and e-mails!!!! It is ridiculous!!!!! We pay $80 for the 10 GB and it only lasts us half the month!!!! They say on the advertising and in the manual of the Modem that it will make GAMING and DOWNLOADS Faster!!!! Hello.... Can NOT do either of those things with ONLY!!! I have an I Pad 2 and purchased 5GB and it lasted over a month!!! HMMMM, I know it is only 3G, but still it seems weird!!! We have 2 Mac laptops and one desk Mac. I do not do much, but I AM NOT ABLE TO  WATCH THE VIDEO CLIPS on all the Websites I do visit and I miss that!!!!! The boys would like to download and update again and watch their videos without the worry of GB usage and Oh, they would LOVE to be able to Play Games at least on the weekends!!!!!! VERIZON WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!! NO ONE CAN AFFORD $300 OR MORE FOR INTERNET A MONTH AND THAT IS WHAT YOU NEED FOR HOME INTERNET USAGE AND A LITTLE GAMING WITH DOWNLOADS AND UPDATES WHEN NEEDED!!! 30 TO 40 GB..... WE ARE NOT ABLE TO GET COMCAST, OR SPRINT OR ATT OR VERIZON FIOS (?)..... THAT IS WEIRD TOO WE CAN NOT GET A VERIZON LAND LINE TO GET THE FIOS BECAUSE ATT IS HERE AND THEN ATT SAYS THEY CAN NOT GIVE US U VERSE EITHER WHICH I THINK IS JUST NOT RIGHT!!!

WHAT DSL DID YOU GET THAT HAS DECENT SPEED???? THANK YOU!!!

0 Likes
techismylife
Contributor - Level 1
Escalate Up the Chain of Command.

Ask to speak to supervisor after supervisor ask to speak to manager, after manager ask to speak to director, after director ask to speak vice president. When they dont want to do it ,

STATE: I SURE HOPE QUALITY ASSURANCE IS RECORDING THIS CALL AND HOW YOU ARE REFUSING TO ESCALATE OR HELP ME
0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Try DirecTV. Unlimited internet access.

0 Likes
flags48
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have a ghost problem like that also. Verizon over charges me every month. I have unlimited data but everyday throughout the month it gets slower and slower. I am suppose to pay $80is a month but have never paid under $110. Verizon just has no respect for people. They want your money that is it. Some of the owners probably read these post and laugh at us because they are robbing us and all we can do is **bleep**
0 Likes
raver

I have a 4G MiFi and I use an Ipad,2 xboxes,and 2 computers and have my directv HD DVR hooked to this thing we have 10gb but use about 12 per month. At 10$ per Gig going over the limit is not to bad. In my case you just cant stop the 4g we have 0 lag on our xboxes and we play MW3 Daily.

0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

techismylife wrote:
Escalate Up the Chain of Command.

Ask to speak to supervisor after supervisor ask to speak to manager, after manager ask to speak to director, after director ask to speak vice president. When they dont want to do it ,

STATE: I SURE HOPE QUALITY ASSURANCE IS RECORDING THIS CALL AND HOW YOU ARE REFUSING TO ESCALATE OR HELP ME

this has to be the worst advice i've ever heard

but feel free to waste your time to get the same answer. After a supervisor there is nothing more than needs to be done

0 Likes