7/7/11 *START* of *POSSIBLE NEW TIERED PLANS ON DEVICES*.
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/content/1009-tiered-data-go-live.html

Read the rumor as all you wish. If you want to get a 4G device with unlimited data on the actual device get it activated before 7/711 because that's the rumor right now.

BBCrackman and other rumor leaks out of VZW by MyDroidWorld.com have been pretty accurate in the past.

7/7/11 = Activation of Tier 4G Device billing in VZW's billing system.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 7/7/11 *START* of *POSSIBLE NEW TIERED PLANS ON DEVICES*.
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

Not sure why the double post.....I swear I only replied once.

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

I was at a VZW store in Phoenix today and they, of course, had no information that the unlimited plan would go away.  The comment was made that it may "never" go away.  It was pointed out that they just put a huge ad in the paper today advertising the $29.99 unlimited data plan, so a little odd that they would advertise something that is going away in a little over 2 weeks.  Using the logic of stupid corporate America, that probably clinches that it is going away.  

I'm due for the upgrade next Saturday but my plans were to wait on the Bionic.  Most likely they will eliminate the unlimited plan at the same time the Bionic is released to really screw over us long term customers.  I've been with Verizon way before it was Verizon (was called PrimeCo in Florida).  Anyway, I probably wouldn't be a "power user" of data so possibly I might be better off with a tiered plan.  My son got the Charge last month and really loves it.  He is a moderate user and only used a little over 2GB in the first month.    

0 Likes
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3
0 Likes
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

Saw an article on C-NET about the tired plans and all the pricing. I was considering upgrading early to get locked into an unlimited 4G plan but since verizon only has crap for 4g phones right now I'm going to buy out my family plan contract and go to Sprint. They offer better phones and better prices. I left AT&T for verizon less than a year ago because I hated the i-Phone and Verizon has gone down hill in the few months. Trying to sqeeze every last penny out of people during these economic times.

0 Likes