95113 no service
CJM24
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have worked in this office building in downtown San Jose since 2004 and used my cell phone multiple times per day.  In the last 3 or 4 weeks I, and my co-workers, have been getting the message 'no service' daily.

There has not been any changes to the building.  There is no new construction in the immediate area.  Certainly no weather nor terrain issues.  I am at a loss.  Before anyone suggests I buy a signal extender I would like to identify what's changed with Verizon that I no longer get reception.

Verizon can you help?

Re: 95113 no service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CJM24, I rely on my phone for many tasks, so I know how urgent a resolution is, but receiving service in a certain location, home or building can be difficult based on many factors. The network can change in an area for various reasons, such as population changes or changes in network capacity to name a few. Here is a video: https://www.verizon.com/support/troubleshooting-wireless-signal-coverage-video/ with all the details. Does this information help? 

-David

0 Likes
Re: 95113 no service
CJM24
Enthusiast - Level 1

No help whatsoever.  This is downtown San Jose sport.  We know a thing or two about IT here.

So your suggestion is that we have a real Horton Hears a Who situation here.  A couple weeks ago one additional person joined the Verizon network near here and brought down the entire Verizon network to this and the surrounding buildings.  Is that really what your customer service expertise leads you to believe in this situation?  We're not going to check on the changes to any towers servicing this area?  We're just going with some basic customer service drivel.

These are buildings along one of, if not the main streets in downtown San Jose and your assistance is less than helpful.  Please pass my issue up the chain of command and let's see if Verizon can provide some real assistance.

0 Likes