ATTN VERIZON: 3rd Outage? Time to spread negative word of mouth, I guess
JGouse

I encourage all of you who are affected by this outage to do the same as I am.

Verizon can ignore us individually all they want or talk down to us all they want, but the facts remain as such:

1.  After touting their one year LTE anniversary and during the busiest shopping season of the year, Verizon Wireless' "most reliable network" experienced no less than THREE NATIONAL OUTAGES on that LTE network.

2.  They also had countless other regional outages that they did their best to brush off on individual customers and/or phones.

3.  These network issues interfered with the reliable operation of two highly-marketed new phones: the RAZR and Galaxy Nexus.

4.  Even worse, two of these outages bookended CHRISTMAS when many people bought 4G phones and service as gifts.

There is no way that Verizon Wireless can keep turning a blind eye and a deaf ear to this serious systemic problem.  Individual customers can't hurt them much, but negative word of mouth and unflattering media coverage (which is already occurring on sites such as CNET NEWS) will hammer them mercilessly.

For my part, I'm done with customer service and tech support.  There is nothing they can do for me specifically because the problems is not nor ever has been my phone.  It's their network that's the problem.

I simply have to wait them out because I have no choice: I'm locked in for two years.

BUT...

What I am going to do is warn people away from Verizon's 4G service.  I will also be making sure than I contact my local news and print media companies through Facebook and e-mail and let them know that our area has these problems with Verizon's service.  I'll send them links to news stories as well as these forum threads.

Hopefully, enough people flood Verizon with inquiries and shy away from buying 4G service that Verizon will have to realize they need to step up and spend whatever money is necessary to get a permanent solution in place--regardless of how much their bottom line gets hit.

Because I assure you, if this continues, their bottom line is going to take an even worse hit when buyers start drying up.

I encourage all of you who are affected by this outage to do the same as I am.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: ATTN VERIZON: 3rd Outage? Time to spread negative word of mouth, I guess
Badmonkey
Enthusiast - Level 2
I am totally inboard w/ you on This I live in Miami,FL ...Brought upgraded today from DROIDX to HTC Rezound so when came time u for activation my DROIDX stopped working and my Voice, Txt and Data went into limbo! My HTC cannot receive the activation because the network is DOWN AGAIN!
0 Likes
JGouse

I feel your pain.  And I find it really odd that my old DROID X (which I gave to my wife) is suddenly running very laggy.  She hasn't lost data, but its performance has really dropped sharply in the past three weeks.  Coincidentally, that's when we switched phones and I hopped on the 4G network.  Can't see why the X would be experiencing issues, but it really seems too coincidental that it worked like-new for me and didn't start acting up until the switch happened.

By the way, I e-mailed my local ABC affiliate and posted on my local NBC/CBS affiliate's Facebook wall.  That affiliate already replied via FB comment.  Whoever is serving as FB admin there indicated that they Tweeted about their 4G woes earlier today!

0 Likes
EarlMick

Tell me about it....switched from ATT last month and now my I phone friends are laughing.  I wanna throw this phone out the window and pay the fee's unless something is done soon.,....

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
Adding kool aid in the mix. LTE is a new technology and yes it will have problems. It is a FACT that all other carriers are going to be switching to LTE. ATT already announced it, cricket aka leap wireless has it. Sprint supposebly by next year. LTE will be the global standard. Yes we are paying the price for being early adopters however we must remember the same thing happened when 3G was a new technology a few years back. I remember having outages same as in LTE. I believe thanks to verizon, the other carriers will have an easier transition because they will already know what to expect and how to fix it. They may be in competition but carriers are required to have roaming agreements with one another and thus they need to work together specially when the big LTE light up from the major carriers lights up.
0 Likes