My understanding, they are automatic. A text is sent. And these units, (MiFi's and USB Modems) are set to receive text messages.
HOW you retrieve them, I have no idea.
I'm new to Verizon and trying to set text alerts for when you get close to your monthly limit? Can anyone tell me if this can be done? I have the 4g mifi.
1. Go to www.verizonwireless.com and sign up for an account.
2. The temporary password will be sent by text message to your MiFi device. You won't be able to complete the registration, because the device doesn't receive text messages.
3. Because your registration was not completed, Verizon will send you the password by US Mail to your home.
4. After receiving your password, finish registering for your account.
5. There is a "Data Usage Alerts" section where you can manage the alerts.
6. Alerts are sent at 50% usage and 75% usage to the device (by text message, which cannot be read). But, you can also specify at least two other cell phone #'s to receive the text message.
7. You can also monitor your data usage from the account interface at www.verizonwireless.com.