Annoying - MiFi Password for firmware upgrade wont work
lombo

I keep getting a firmware update message every time i connect now. It's asking me for a password but my password is not working. Consistently. I am entering it exactly as it is on the back of the MifI. Anyone else have this problem? 

Verizon
4G LTE
Connected

Update Available
A firmware update is available for this device. It is recommended that you complete the upgrade at this time.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Annoying - MiFi Password for firmware upgrade wont work
bmoknoero
Enthusiast - Level 1

Password is admin.  Then you go to a new screen and can set your own password.  Download the upgrade.  Unzip when it is complete. Go through the installation process.  Next use the usb cord to finish the istall.  (I had to use the usb cord from my phone to work with my MIFI)  because I did not get a usb cord with my Mifi.  Everything is working fine now.  Everything took approxiamately 15 minutes to complete.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Jenatious

I'm having the same problem.

0 Likes
bmoknoero
Enthusiast - Level 1

having the same problem.  plan to take it into the verizon store.  I'll post later any solutions to the problem.

0 Likes
brettgpalmer

Same problem as of today.  I'm copying the exact password from my wifi access on my laptop so I know it is right. 

0 Likes
brettgpalmer

I just found the following information from the Mifi 4510L users guide to update the firmware.

1. Go the mifi admin page:  http://mifi.admin page. 

2. Login into the page by using the default "admin" password.  Note: this is not the password for you mifi device.

3. You will then come to a screen that gives you instructions for downloading the latest firmware.  

Hope this helps everyone.

Brett

0 Likes
brettgpalmer

One more thing.  The login field is in the upper right of the screen.  Type the default "admin" password and you should be able to download the latest firmware.

Brett

0 Likes
SIGGGY

I use my MIFI at home and it works PERFECTLY--not a singly problem in 3 months. I DON'T WANT THE UPDATE! However, now that its available I must manually logon the verizon admin site to initiate access. Is there any way to cancel these "update notifications"?

0 Likes
nhramama

Having same problem and your solution IS NOT working.   Very very frustrating.

0 Likes
fernack

Same issue.  How lame is this entire system?  Could they be any less clear about how this is supposed to work?  And, of course, no help at all from anyone at Verizon.

If someone gets a solution, I'll circle back and check.

I am also confused as to whether I need to have the USB cable connected to do this or not?  Some form of FREAKING INSTRUCTIONS might have been nice!

Ron

0 Likes
fernack

The "admin" password finally DID work for me.  It leads you to a download link.  Then you install drivers, restart, plug in the device via USB and run a small app that does the update.  Seems faster...

Ron

0 Likes