Annoying text message
kheinrich

Keep receiving a message that has//BREW:0104FBC:smileysurprised:ZMAIL

CI=A6EDA2EO80201DC8

B90EBO4AB4142422

MC=2 To stop these messages simply reply to this one (charge may apply)

I have replied stop and keep getting this 5 or more times per day... Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Annoying text message
enyalius
Contributor - Level 1

Do you notice the text comes in at a particular time?  I know that whenever I sign off of my instant messenger program on my computer, I get a BREW text message for no reason.  The only thing I could figure out is that it's a holdover from when I used to use IM on my feature phone (I've had a smart phone for about four years now and have gotten the text messages ever since I switched).

Unfortunately, if you're in the same boat that I am, I haven't been able to find a way around it.  I've called tech support several times over the last few years, and no one seems to know what's going on or how to stop it.

0 Likes
Re: Annoying text message
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for the information enyalius. Additionally, I would like to add is that this issue can be caused by a Mobile e-mail account. These text alerts you're getting are email notifications from the Mobile E-mail application. Once the subscription is canceled, removed and cleared from the system these messages should stop. Please send me a private message with your name and mobile number for further assistance.

Thank you, 

0 Likes