Any suggestions to restore 4G before canceling service.
vf1000ride

Currently have owned my HTC Thunderbolt for roughly 4 months now.  Have never had a good data connection with the phone either at home, work or around town.  4G, 3G and even 1X all seem to fade in and out at random more so at home but happens almost all the time (currently have no data service with 3 bars for voice).  Have had the phone replaced, the sim card replaced to no avail.  I do daily restarts and at one point even tried daily factory resets all in the attempt to troubleshoot for Verizon.  They had performed a tower survey about a month ago and said my phone wasn't updating it's PRL so I went back in for a second sim card replacement.  Phones data failed on the way home in a highly built up retail mall area where you would expect them to have multiple towers in place.  Tech support opened another signal ticket to troubleshoot for my home area while continuing to ignore the fact that it happens almost everywhere.  Called tonight to find the status and they have determined they do not actually have 4G service in my area.

4 months of troubleshooting and they finally figure out the entire East side of Columbus Ohio does not have 4G service?  Am I missing something or should I take them up on canceling my service and only lose the $300 I spent on this phone and accessories?

If you guys know some way of getting help with these things, please let me know.  I would rather not drop my service and go back to Sprint at this point.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Any suggestions to restore 4G before canceling service.
deloswilbur
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am not sure why your 3G service would be fading in and out, but on the 4G side you are just seeing the trait that Verizon 4G has, it does that.  It will continue to do that, if you can get out of contract without getting dinged for termination fee I would highly advise doing it. 

0 Likes
Re: Any suggestions to restore 4G before canceling service.
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

vf1000ride wrote:

Called tonight to find the status and they have determined they do not actually have 4G service in my area.

If there is no 4G in your area then there is nothing anyone can do about it. 

Even if you dont cancel your phone you might be overpaying for a mainly 3G connected device.  You might want to talk to them about downgrading you to a 3G phone and the appropriate data plan until they can fully support 4G in your area.  If you want to stick with Verizon then downgrading would be my suggestion.

0 Likes