Re: Are grandfathered unlimited data plans now being throttled?
SargeSmash
Enthusiast - Level 2

It would appear that whatever the issue was has been resolved. If that was someone on this side of the equation, then thank you very much!

0 Likes
Panderegg
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
Romeo45night
Enthusiast - Level 1

Download quickshortcutmaker 

Then search for "band mode" in the app

Select ur band! Verizon band 4 rocks here!  

Carrier aggregation is slow, a band 2 is faulty, band 5 is slow... But, I guess it's where ur at! Band 66 is supposedly a superset! 

Verizon don't want us to know what bands they put us on, nor how to change bands! Obviously, I've spent 12 hours time calling their customer serve these past 9 months! Not one god dang customer service agent solved my issues! 

It's not the phone, not the settings! It's the cell company which prl my phone connection codes everyday! Telling my phone to connect to the dirttiest towers, the dirttiest bands! 

mama23dogs
Legend

Nonsense.  Our phones automatically connect to the tower and the service that provides the best connection. There’s no need for some sort of tin foil hat conspiracy theory.  

WhyBADservice
Enthusiast - Level 2

Usually it would be network congestion causing these problems. But this is a rampant problem being widely discussed that only started recently and immediately might I add. Here like clockwork on Saturday and Sundays this takes place. No data access except once or twice twice 3 seconds every 3 hours. From a.m. to late p.m. for the past several months. Congestion wouldn't be that specific for me

XxPhonyGodxX
Enthusiast - Level 2

The fact is, Verizon is throttling data. There is no tin foil hat conspiracy. Run some data/speed tests and which channels are allowed on which towers when and you will see the same happening to you.

Benitez147
Contributor - Level 1

@WhyBADservice wrote:

Usually it would be network congestion causing these problems. But this is a rampant problem being widely discussed that only started recently and immediately might I add. Here like clockwork on Saturday and Sundays this takes place. No data access except once or twice twice 3 seconds every 3 hours. From a.m. to late p.m. for the past several months. Congestion wouldn't be that specific for me

Install a VPN (ExpressVPN) on your phone and watch your speeds go up magically. 

mama23dogs
Legend

@WhyBADservice wrote:

Do you mean it goes away Monday through Friday?  This is exactly how deprioritization works.  
Throttling doesn’t work that way.  Throttling is a limit placed, that will not relieve itself till the next bill cycle starts.   Slow data that is cyclical indicates a pattern of usage by those connected to the same tower.  
You say it’s widely discussed?  Among your locals all having the same problem?  

joanie552000
Enthusiast - Level 2

EXACT SAME NUMBERS HERE TOO!!! SEEMS THEY HAVE DEPRIORITIZED OUR SERVICE. I AGREE ... NO SENSE KEEPING VERIZON IF THEY DID THIS. GUESS I'LL GET A CHEAP AT&T PLAN NOW & DUMP VERIZON!! 

0 Likes
joanie552000
Enthusiast - Level 2

You dont seem to understand the grandfathered in plan ... that plan gets priority service & comgestion isnt applicable to the grandfathered in plan & why we paid $30-40 more than you did all these years. Verizon seems to have deprioritized our plans & took our money; only to stab us in the back. BTW; I am an ex-verizon (sales rep), employee who is well aware of these internet games.