Re: Are grandfathered unlimited data plans now being throttled?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

To change your screen name which is also your login name for the Verizon Wireless Community forum, you will need to contact the community's administration and moderation team. For future reference, one should never use your phone number or your full name as your community profile name. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Noe81421
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok folks here's another deplorable tactic the maggot infested garbage Verizon is doing. Have you noticed your phone automatically switches to WiFi even though it's set to not use Wi-Fi. That's the garbage company dumping it's responsibility on the wired internet service even though we pay for it on our phones so why would we need to switch to WiFi so that's Verizon being greedy and loaded with convoluted maggot swine excuses.. I save all my post and forward then to the FCC and FTC as we pay $5 a month per line to them sleeze nerve so I try to make um earn it. Do the math that's let's say there's 200 million cell phones in the country times $5 a month that's $1billion a month going to that one do nothing organization. That's another entity that needs to be rallied on. I'm just saying folks it'll only change if we all speak up.

0 Likes
Noe81421
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the reply but you've pointed out yet a few more of Verizon's inequities. The  inequity of Verizon as it probably did that cause it automatically switches to WiFi dumping their responsibility on wired internet.  If this is Verizon's site they should be monitoring it and answering customers from it not send um link surfing. But thx for attempting to do what Verizon should be doing. So yet another inequity on Verizon's part. Stay sweet especially for me lol.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Verizon Wireless Community forum is intended to be a peer to peer public community forum and not a direct link to Customer Service. Yes, there are VZW reps that roam the community, but they are generally for handling issues that can only be done with actual access to the customer's account. In my time participating on the community, I've gotten more and better answers to my questions or issues from other customers than I have from VZW reps. I have also dealt some good VZW reps for issues that required assistance from them. However I have seen a lot more canned responses from the reps then I care to think about and I have seen reps provide incorrect information. Whether the incorrect information came from lack of training or something else, I can't say. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

SargeSmash
Enthusiast - Level 2

It does not make sense for this issue to be congestion unless somehow that congestion occurs in a completely consistent manner for a month. Certain types of traffic, regardless of the time of day, are clearly being treated by this tower differently. That may be a choice they have made on this tower, or it may be a misconfiguration, but it clearly isn't simply due to routine Internet traffic.

mama23dogs
Legend

Why would the congestion not be permanent?

Typically a tower is congested because an a lot of people are connecting to it, probably at the same time every day. People frequently say that the only time they don’t experience congestion is in the wee hours of the morning.

SargeSmash
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have already described that the behavior is consistent at all times of day or night. All times. And that depending on the type of traffic, I get either full bandwidth or extremely slow data rates. I can literally run SpeedTest through the app on my phone and get 6-ish Mbps, and through the browser on the same phone, get 1.0 - 1.3 Mbps. This is not consistent with permanent congestion. This suggests that certain data types are being flagged for reduced bandwidth, and that it is an across the board change that occurred only within the last month.

Perhaps I am describing the problem poorly. I don't think so, but it's certainly possible.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That sounds like a plan, SargeSmash. We look forward to working with you. *Cassie

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being on the right plan makes all the difference. While we don't want to lose you, I must set proper expectations about your service. I see that you have the grandfathered Unlimited Data Plan. I have 2 lines with that plan myself, and understand the value.

Cellular internet service is not intended to replace residential internet service. Residential data service is wired to homes to deliver the bandwidth and speeds necessary to run a household. Cell sites are shared resources for many vs one wired household. I hope this information helps.  -Gina

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your experience with our website is important to us. I would like to get some clarity on your issue. Are you wanting to change your My Verizon User ID? -Gina

0 Likes