Are there problems with 4g in Atlanta 5/20/14
Sardog74

I replaced the screen and digitizer on my Galaxy S4 (i545) today.  It's been out for a couple of days.  Before now, I've never had a problem with 4g conenctivity and I'm trying to figure out if maybe I tweaked the LTE antenna when transferring the components to the new screen assembly or if there is actually a connectivity problem with the network itself.  Is there an easy way to test this?  I don't want to disassemble the phone again if it's not the problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Are there problems with 4g in Atlanta 5/20/14
Vaio165
Contributor - Level 1

This website shows a map of outages and you can report issues. I do not think it is official and not always right as it is just based on user issues. It is a good tool and gives you a idea.. http://downdetector.com/status/verizon-wireless/map. It also has other companies you can lookup.

0 Likes
Sardog74

Thanks.  I found that earlier but like you said, not sure how reliable it is.  It did show outage in Atlanta though when I was checking.  It's clear now but i'm still stuck in 3g mode.

0 Likes
Vaio165
Contributor - Level 1

yes me to I get 4G in standby as soon as I use data it goes right down to 3G. I have to use my home WiFi for fast speeds. The VZW map shows I should get full 4G. They upgraded there 4G network but I have not seen it better. Google outage and ask friends if have any issues go to other places to see if its better and just keep on calling and complaining to VZW.

0 Likes
Sardog74

Thats the plan.  Thanks for the info Vaio!  Good luck!

0 Likes