Bad service, lied to by salesman
WILWIL4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had almost nonexistent service since April when I switched to unlimited data. Verizon was the only service that worked out here in rural areas. Now it barely does if at all. Have to go outside to get one bar of signal. This is a business phone and our only phone and our only source of internet. I find myself only getting emails and texts when I'm near a grocery store with wifi. I have two brand new phones, one iPhone 7 and one droid. And iPad mini. My parents and grandparents are having same issues in same areas so it's not our phone, it's not that I changed my data plan. It's Verizon. I was also supposed to get a $100 credit and $50 gift card for switching to dish network cable. And told bundling would save. None of the things promised happened and now I have very poor service. If I miss a call, I lose money. What is going to be done about this? Seems like we all have the same issue. Did you sell some towers or what has happened? I know my entire family is about to switch so that's a lot of money. Many other customers in our area have already switched. I feel like I was a victim of the bait and switch. Soon as I upgraded and increased data and was charged nearly $200 to switch cable, you all reneged service and didn't follow through with any of your offers. That is flat out false advertising. I was told a month in to this May, credits will show next month. In may they said the next month. It's now August. 4 months is plenty. I want to be reimbursed for all the fees you've caused me to incur. For service I paid for but didn't get. Lost income. And my trouble. I've been a Verizon customer since I could be one. As you are the first company that worked out here. Now I'd be better off with any of the cheaper companies and my old cable. Which is now mad at me too. For canceling a yr into a 2 yr contract. And it's not cheaper to have fish like you said and also I was promised I didn't have to set up direct debit. You said you'd run the card to make sure it worked then sure enough, cable came out of my account automatically. I don't mind being unsold but I do mind being lied to.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bad service, lied to by salesman
WILWIL4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Upsold* I was upsold. Meaning I went in for one thing, went out with new iPhone 7, unlimited data, new cable, a bill for my old cable, no bundling savings, no credits given to help offset, I specifically told you the card I allowed you to scan was to an account with hardly and money in it. I was promised I could pay each month  a different card, that happened to be the only one I had with me. I was DUPED. And I've put up wit's more than I should have, being I needed your vast coverage that's now not vast. The only time I have full signal now is when I'm at the top of a mountain under a tower. My phone doesn't work at my house, in between towns, in parking garages, basically anywhere it did before. I had an old crummy phone on a pre pay plan for one of my employees that worked better than this. And you know what I got for trading in a barely year old iPhone 6, an otter box I still had to pay $20 diffence on. Basically $25. Unless your otterboxes cost $300 I think I got ripped on that deal too. I had better signal with a cellular flip phone in 1999 than I do now. And I took a picture of the salesma bc he let my dog come in the store bc I was trying to leave to take him home.  I was thinking how nice of them. Shoot, this dog cost me about $2000 so far god knows how much business I've lost I don't know about.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how much I depend on my phone, for all communication, just as you outlined here, WILWIL4. We'll do our absolute best to get to the bottom of all your concerns. As I read your comments, it became apparent to me that the service is likely of the utmost concern. This is where I'd like to begin, but by no means am I saying the other concerns you raised are any less important. Let's solve the service issue first and go from there. What zip code are you in? Do things such as time of day or multitasking on the phone seem to make a difference?

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WILWIL4
Enthusiast - Level 2

No. This isn't about the phone itself, as I said the phones are now brand new. But before I upgraded the second phone I still had the old phone. This pretty much began the day the iPhone 7 was added and switched to unlimited data. Nothing else had changed and suddenly my phone was having trouble getting calls and dropping calls. Also, it's other members of my family and friends. It's no longer got signal strength unless you are in the heart of the city. I only live on outskirts. 4 miles by car, as crow flies much less. And there's a power line easement so a clear cut path all the way into town or the other way toward dam that gives us electricity. So there's not obstructions. The only thing any of us can think of is it's tower. Or it wouldn't be all of us on this side of the county. My grandmother lives 15 miles farther from town than me and hers isn't working at home anymore. And my mother's isn't either. Now if anyone has car trouble in this rural area they can't call. I had trouble calling a tow truck the other day. Y'all lost a tower in this area. That's all that can explain this. It's not the phone,  it's not the volume of users at once like when we have home football games and 300,000 people are crammed into one spot trying to use their phones. It's all of us in rural areas and not rural by miles and miles I mean just on edge of town. Verizon prepay used to work out here. It was slower and weaker but it worked. Now I have a 4g LTE phone that only works if I stand in middle of driveway or hold it above my head pointed at window. If you make a fb messenger call, you can literally hear it changing signal and so can the other caller. It makes the same sound as when it rings, except in the ear piece and neither party can hear the other while it's doing it, it's searching for signal. That's another thing the constant signal searching is draining the batteries. We've had to buy back up charger packs and carry around a car battery booster that's got a USB port. Same thing people on oxygen tote around when they travel.

Sent from my iPhone Lisa [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes