Re: Beyond Unlimited Plan Slow Internet
hopey822
Enthusiast - Level 1

I, too, am BEYOND frustrated with the BEYOND unlimited plan!

For starters, I lost my employer discount when i upgraded to pay more for data.  Somehow that was never mentioned when I made the change.

Secondly, my data is ridiculously slow!  I'm currently doing a "speed test" to check the data speed and the test keeps timing out ... because it's so slow! 

Lastly, when i contacted online support trying to figure out why i had lost my discount and subsequently thinking we'd perhaps go back to our old XXL plan .... only to find we can't go back.  it's gone.  My options now are to pay the same amount per line for wayyyyy less data .... so over verizon

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The New Verizon XXL Plan might still be available, but only if you call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone and request it. Since it is a retired plan, it isn't available from the website, but since the smaller versions of the New Verizon Plans are still available, the larger plans in that group should be available through customer service.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DuPontdave
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon just plain sucks. Scam. My “unlimited “ went to 0.2 at only 10Gb.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hopey822, You deserve clear communications and options every time that you reach out to us. I'm sorry that we missed this mark when you made the plan change. Let's work together to get you the best data speeds, and review the best plans for your data needs. Please reply to the Private Message that I sent you. 

Joel_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want you to feel that way, DuPontdave. Getting the speed you need is a top priority. I'd like to check into this further to see what's going on with your data speeds exactly. I've sent a Private Message which you can check right here: http://spr.ly/6583DLZGN;

Ryan_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LEMM42

My data speed is ridiculously slow! I’m on the beyond unlimited plan. I was on the L plan with bonus data AND had an employment discount before I changed my plan. I was actually on the go unlimited and I couldn’t open a browser to save my life. So I went one up to beyond and now the same thing is happening! Seriously considering canceling my account with Verizon and looking elsewhere.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LEMM42, we always want you to experience the fastest speeds available while on our network. The last thing we want is to lose you as a customer. I would like to gather a few details to best assist you. Do you experience slow speeds both indoors and outdoors? What zip code are you located in? What are your typical upload and download speeds? 

Gina_VZW

0 Likes