Re: Beyond Unlimited Plan but getting 3G! Verizon’s response is an all time low! See link in body..
Smokinmomo
Enthusiast - Level 3

My issues aren’t connecting to my home WIFI, it’s when I’m not connected to my WIFI & am using my data which should NOT be 3G. The issues w not getting 4G LTE happens anywhere, not just at home. Maybe it’s my phone or SIM card. I don’t know but the issue is continuous & Verizon has done nothing to try to fix or solve the issue. I am done paying for a premium plan to get cruddy 3G service. 

0 Likes
Re: Beyond Unlimited Plan but getting 3G! Verizon’s response is an all time low! See link in body..
Smokinmomo
Enthusiast - Level 3

The issues happen outside my home & I have tried rebooting and reseating my SIM card. I haven’t tried the SIM card in another phone. I’ll try to dig up my of my old phones & try that. Or maybe I might need a new SIM card? Could that affect my data speeds?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Thanks for the follow up.  From your original statements, it seemed this was only at your home which is much different than never getting LTE anywhere. 

Just to confirm, your phone shows the 3G icon instead of LTE and you are not just stating it is saying LTE but getting 3G like speeds. 

If your phone never shows anything other than 3G that is, of course, never normal. It could be the phone, it could be the SIM card, it could be Verizon’s settings. Have you been clear with Verizon support that this is everywhere and not just at home? That is what threw us for a loop with that implication it was only at home. 

Do you have a Apple Store near you? That is the best way to check to see if it is the SIM card or the phone. They will hand hold you through that testing and get something definitive quickly. Apple customer service is way above any cellular provider, including Verizon. 

If you don’t have an Apple Store convenient to you, I would try a known working SIM in your phone and check your SIM in a known working phone to see what happens. That should narrow down phone plan/SIM/phone problems to confirm it is or is not the phone. 

rcschnoor
Legend

This post says it all because the coverage map you have listed has a little "disclaimer" which states the following:

Untitled.jpg

0 Likes
Smokinmomo
Enthusiast - Level 3

You may have not read my post stating that I contacted VERIZON when I moved to my current location to check services, which I was advised I would have EXCELLENT data and phone coverage. I contacted Verizon to check services at my current location because I work from home & is dire that I have a good coverage/strong signal strength. Additionally, you must not have read my post stating that my friend & next door neighbor ALSO has Verizon & the same iPhone as I & is not having the same issue. So, disclaimer or not, it doesn’t solve my current service issue. 

0 Likes
Smokinmomo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Right, the issues occur outside my home area as well. (Mentioned this in my reply on Sunday but sorry if I wasn’t clear) And, the 3G icon shows up vs the LTE icon. I was very clear with Verizon support, advising the issue occurs at home AND outside my home area. And actually, the last time I spoke w support, I was having the same 3G issue and was in San Francisco, approximately 60 miles away from my home. I was advised to reboot my phone, re-sit my SIM card & to reset my Network settings all of which did nothing to fix the issue. I was then advised that my ‘ticket’ would be escalated & I would hear back from support within 24 hrs. 24 hrs later I received a text from support w the link that advises that ‘the signal strength in my area is less than optimum’. I would have an easier time believing this if my next door neighbor didn’t have Verizon w no signal issues. (Though I haven’t taken a poll, I would bet she isn’t the only one of my neighbors w Verizon)

Thanks for the recommendations. I’ll start with visiting an Apple store with the hope that they can figure out why I’m continuously having this issue....because Verizon surely was of no help. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Smokinmomo, this is not the experience we want for you. I just sent you a private message so we can take a closer look at your account. We look forward to your reply. 

AnthonyC_VZW

ABbydog2

I have the same problem, my friend has straight talk and they have lighting speed! I ask Verizion why? Their response is that company is on “Verizion Lines” but when the line get busy at peak times they won’t have fast service, they will slow it down? My friend said never happens! I don’t think it has to do with where you live. My phone bill was over $300.00 when I paid off my phone it magically went to $150.00 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ABbydog2, it sounds like you have some questions about your billing and coverage. 

There may be some areas for us that are areas of opportunity so coverage may no always be optimal. As far as your billing, it sounds like with the device payment being paid off it would lower your bill and if there were any other changes that were done. 

-Nicci

0 Likes