Re: Bionic 4g/3g compatibility issues
flexingrat
Enthusiast - Level 1

Still the same issues, with no response from Verizon. The new Bionic has the same non-connection issues as the old one did, and I'm paying a hefty fee for data I cannot access. WTH? Come on, Verizon - we are very frustrated and just want an answer that someone is working on it or looking in to it! My business and my entire family has Verizon service, but due to the lack of response on this issue, you can bet that we are switching to a different provider if something doesn't happen soon!

0 Likes
Doonser
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been having the same issue with getting NO internet services when I switch to 3G.  One reason I want to switch to 3G is that when in 4G the Bionic interferes with my phone and laptop speakers at work (creates static on both).  Plus it uses more battery power in 4G. 

I tried the "solution" offered on page 1 by the Verizon rep, to enable Background data and Data enabled checkboxes, but they were already enabled. 

What worked for me was a user's suggestion to also check "Data roaming."  However, when I do this I get a warning that enabling this may incur significant charges (costs), if I am using data while roaming...which is true!  I really don't want to incur data charges for trying to make this phone work. 

I got this phone in early March 2012 and just passed my 14 day return mark.  At first the phone had problems (BSOD), but the OS version was from October.  I ran 2 updates to the current version (Android 2.3.4) and everything else seems to work fine.  Only this 3G problem persists. 

HELP US VERIZON!

0 Likes
billyhughes2012
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got my Bionic about 2 1/2 wks ago and have had similar issues with loosing Data connections and problems swapping from 4G to 3G..  After researching forums and the internet, and making sure all the correct boxes were checked, the only way I could get it to work continuously on 4G/3G is by putting my battery in "Performance Mode".  Settings/Battery & Data Manager/Battery Mode/Performance.

This definitely worked for me and my Bionic now seamlessly shifts from 4G to 3G and back and I am not loosing Data connections at all.

0 Likes
cjvz

New update as of tonight! Hopefully this fixes the constant 4G LTE issues.

http://androidcommunity.com/motorola-droid-bionic-update-rolling-out-today-with-4g-lte-fixes-2012061...

0 Likes
Jumpie

I can assure you that the update hasn't helped at all; it's only made things worse! 4G keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. I got a new SIM and even tried my SIM in different devices but no matter what, it's still the same....drop after drop, reconnect after reconnect, all day long! I've done everything that Support said to do, reset data, background data, etc. Since it happens on different devices when I swap my SIM, I know it's the network plain and simple.

0 Likes
Jumpie

Hasn't worked for me. Been in Performance Mode. I'm over it.

0 Likes
Jumpie

Doesn't work, Christina! I've done everything that Support has asked and even got a new SIM card. It's simple, nothing works! I've swapped my SIM in different devices and it still happens. There's something going on with the network.

0 Likes
Dr_KennethNoisewater

This is pretty much a joke. I've called Verizon dozens of times since around October of last year when this started. They know about it. They avoid it. They gave me a new sim card, and recently a new (refurbished) phone. Every complaint I read on here is exactly what I'm encountering. The only solution is to reboot the phone, which I have to do constantly. I even had an operator tell me that's Verizon's recommendation for my problem. Time to give AT&T's 4G a try.

0 Likes