Blacksburg VA Verizon Wireless 4G LTE active and turned on
guapo131

I just wanted to put this out there in case anyone had an active search term out there.

I am located in Blacksburg VA 24060. I have a HTC thunderbolt phone. Today is August 9th, 2011 Tuesday. I am getting full bars for Verizon Wireless's 4G LTE. The speedtest.net app said i was getting 14+ Mbps download and 4+Mbps upload speeds. I know that Blacksburg is not on Verizon's list of LTE cities (not even Roanoke), but i thought i should let the world know that Blacksburg is live with Verizon 4G LTE (at least where i am - near the intersection of 460 and south main street, Blacksburg industrial park). (and yes i posted the same thing over at dslreports).

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blacksburg VA Verizon Wireless 4G LTE active and turned on
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Hmmm, sounds like they being sneaky just like they are in Overland Park, KS (Kansas City Metro). I have heard reports that there is an area with a strong 4G LTE signal.

If they were just testing it, enjoy it as long as it lasts!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jenn571
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm in Christiansburg and also have a TB and I noticed 4G yesterday!  I turned it on just to see what would happen like I always do every other week or so.  I had to do a tripple take when I saw the "4G LTE" symbol.  It was a bit spotty and not consistant so I'm assuming VZW is just testing right now.  I know my phone does great in a 4G city. I visit my folks up in NOVA and I get great 4G signal on my phone.  Fingers crossed that we see 4G by the end of the year!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
They were sneaky. There is now an official press release. 4G LTE is live in a city in Virginia.

http://news.vzw.com/news/2011/08/pr2011-08-17t.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes