Broadband Fusion Data Utilization thru the roof
dularris
Enthusiast - Level 1

For 2 years, data util has been no more than 5GB per month, all of a sudden starting in June 2015 it has gone to 19.x GB.. No behavior changes, no downloads, simple web browsing, no videos.. absolutely no explanation and Verizon Tech support is ignoring the issue. Fusion router $G LTE Light has been blinking Amber and Verizon says that is an internal registration error but after 5 hours on the phone nobody knows if it is causing the data overage or how to fix it.  This is ridiculous and I'm stuck with no alternatives for broadband. Anyone else seeing data overages for no reason?

Labels (1)
Re: Broadband Fusion Data Utilization thru the roof
BlueRidgeMtnFamily
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes!!! Progressively worse since May!! We can't get internet at our house in the mountains & have been using cellular service for 2 years now, even homeschooling our daughter thru an online school. She started at our community school last year, & all of a sudden our data has gone thru the roof!! We're now up to 60g's a month & it's getting eaten up halfway thru our billing cycle & somehow we're using 2-4g's a day, when you used to only use 1 or 2 at the MAX!! It makes no sense! We don't watch videos or stream any movies, etc...

0 Likes
dularris
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have spent countless hours trying to get to the bottom of this to no avail. Countless hours with Verizon Tech Support to no avail.  I'm hoping someone in the forum has some insight. Guess I'll have to install a router with reporting capabilities in front of this Verizon supplied router to prove this issue to them. More money and time wasted or just chuck it for Hughes Net.

0 Likes
richlife69
Enthusiast - Level 3

Without knowing the device, I can't be positive, but I suspect the amber light indicates a weak signal.  If you are not getting a good signal, there is a possibility that packets are bouncing between the tower and your antenna (or device) trying to get confirmed receipt.  Without confirmation, the data will continue to bounce and will data flow will build up, hence your large utilization.  This should be Verizon's problem.  They should be required to assure delivery of packets if they agree to provide service to you.  My understanding is that they just bill the user for all communication whether bounced or not -- that adds up to lots of data.

If you were using a phone as a hotspot and had this problem, then the large data is your problem.  Verizon cannot control where you try to establish a hotspot.

0 Likes