Can I use a USB551L to create a wifi network for my car?
YogurtCup

So here is the scenario:

I travel a lot and I am currently issued a USB551 4G LTE receiver for a portable internet connection. Because the device can be quite fragile I would like to see if I could create a small wifi network so that I do not have to worry about moving the receiver and possibly damaging it while on the road.

Is the USB551 capable of being connected to say a small usb hub or router and making this happen? I am looking for a bit of guidance and suggestions on this as I am new to this type of device and not entirely familiar.

Switching out the USB551 for another similar VZ device is not an option at this time so I am looking to make it work.

Thank you for any assistance or ideas!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I use a USB551L to create a wifi network for my car?
Weth
Legend

Take a look at the CradlePoint CTR35

0 Likes
MyVer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Because my 551L was so unstable when used directly in my PC with VZmgr I plugged it into a Cradlepoint CTR35 so I could put it in the highest point in my attic with an additional external antenna. The Cradlepoint connection is not a problem, actually it was the easiest "plug and play" installations I've ever done so I recommend the CTR35. However, it did not solve the problem of a very unstable 551L. I have the same "constantly dropped connection" issues with the 551L.

<Duplicate content deleted per the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
evdotech
Contributor - Level 1

I would ditch the USB modem and get a

Cradlepoint ARC MBR1400 With Integrated Verizon 3G/4G Modem Cap

All you need to do is remove the simcard and place it in the telementry device and the device you can put it in your trunk of your car or glovebox.  you can get the gear at 3gstore

0 Likes