Can't connect to 4G in Philadelphia!
ramon060688

Ever since coming back from florida I've been stuck on 3G.  Even in florida 4G stopped working on sunday (it was previously working fine) until I went to the next city over.  I remember getting 4G signals on the drive up to Philadalphia while passing through Jacksonville and parts of Delaware but ever since arriving in Pennsylvania my phone has been stuck on 3G.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't connect to 4G in Philadelphia!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Have you checked your network mode? Go to settings > wireless & networks > mobile network settings > network mode.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ramon060688

Yes, I've also checked the LTE on/off app.  I've put it in LTE only mode and tried airplane mode, restarting the phone, factory resitting it, battery pull and everything else I can think of.  I'm not sure whether it's the phone or the network that's messed up.

0 Likes
ramon060688
Well it isn't the phone that's messed up. I just passed the local verizon store and I got 4G with full bars. So I'm guessing that the coverage in philadelphia isn't so great, that store was only 5 minutes from my house.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Or some towers are not fully operational.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bryangrimes

Something is up for sure, it's been maybe 2-3 weeks since I last had 4G connectivity.  My settings have not changed at all and what annoys me more is that bought the Thunderbolt mainly because of the data connection.

I should try the store near my house and see if I get the phantom 4G connectivity as well.

0 Likes