Cannot connect wireless printer with 4G MIFI4510!!!
km007

I have configured my new 4G MIFI4510 device to my Kodak wireless printer and for some reason it identifies the wireless system, but when I go to connect it ends up with the message "unable to connect to MIFI4510....". I previously had a 3G wireless MIFI device and the wireless connection was fine.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated!

Kelly

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot connect wireless printer with 4G MIFI4510!!!
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Hello Kelly,

Here are some quick tips and suggestions that may help with your wireless printer problem:

1. Lower the security on your password from WPA2 to WPA

2. Check and reset your wireless password on both devices

3. Locate the MiFi at different distances from your printer

4. Lower your Wireless Mode from B/G/N to just B/G

Let me know if you need the steps to accomplish these suggestions.  I can suggest a few more difficult suggestions if these do not help.

0 Likes
km007

The steps would be greatly appreciated! Here is an update as well...I had previous had this printer (all-in-one Kodak ESP7) on a wireless network via a router and my older MiFi card and it had been working fine. I am not able to set up the wireless component with my new MiFi card, however I am able to connect through my older gateway and print wirelessly but I cannot connect to the i-net via this gateway...the good part is that I can at least print; the bad part is that I have to save any of my printing documents/pages and then log onto another network to print...not so fun!

Thanks again for any additional help!

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

You might need to share the model number of your wireless router so we can confirm the features that it has. 

Most home routers do not have a feature that allows them to connect to other Wireless Networks.  The MiFi 4510L does not come equipted with a Ethernet Cable port so it would not be able to connect with these traditional style routers.  If you had a wireless repeater or network extender then you should be able to make all your devices work.

It sounds like you can print wirelessly when connecting to the SSID of your router which means the router and printer connections are still working.  All that needs to be fixed is the router and MiFi connection.  Here are the steps to the suggestions I posted earlier. 

Lower security to WPA
1. Navigate to http://mifi.admin

2. Enter "admin" in the textbox in the upper right hand corner

3. Click the Wi-Fi tab

4. Change the Security mode from WPA2 to WPA Personal

5. Click Apply

6. Test your connection

To change the Wireless Password:

1. Power on the MiFi

2. Establish a wireless connection by typing in the old password

3. Navigate to http://mifi.admin

4. Enter "admin" in the textbox in the upper right hand corner

5. Click the Login button

6. Click the WiFi tab

7. Change your Network Key from the default password to a new password

a. Depending on the security level there will be minimum requirements for password strength

8. Click Apply

Change the 802.11/Wireless Mode

1. Navigate to http://mifi.admin

2. Enter "admin" in the textbox in the upper right hand corner

3. Click the Wi-Fi tab

4. Change the 802.11 mode from B+G+N to B+G

5. Click Apply

6. Test your connection

0 Likes
traversecitymifi

Hi John

I am having the same problem. I was just sent a replacement wifi and I successfully installed the sim card and battery. I am connected (obviously) to the internet, but my HP 6500A Plus wireless printer won't print now. I have a Macbook, and made sure the printer devise was selected correctly in my system preferences printer/fax menu. I have turned off and unplugged the printer -- I have not powered down the mifi unit and restarted. Should I follow the steps you suggested to 007 or not? I didn't have to do anything like that with the original mifi router. Thank you.

0 Likes