Charged for data with the PHONE OFF.
daesong1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey Verizon,

How can you charge us for data when we have the phone completely OFF!?!?!?!?!

And for 400 MB's?!

Please tell us what you are going to do to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Charged for data with the PHONE OFF.
Not applicable

Did you turn the phone back on? It grabs updates and data on startup.

megabyte is low, its when you get into gigabytes that you pay huge overage fees.

Good Luck

Addendum: I have always said this shared data and tiered data was pure greed on Verizons part. Verizon stated 95% of their customers use less than 2 Gb per month. I would say Verizon lied at the sake of huge profits. Any Questions?

0 Likes
daesong1
Enthusiast - Level 3

NO IT'S STILL OFF.

AND THAT'S 500 MB'S DAILY, WITH ZERO USAGE.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Is this your only device? If it is how are you checking the data usage? via My Verizon online stats? is there other ways outside of via phone stats or online stats?

A completely shut down phone doies not use data. However iPhones don't shut off if plugged into the charging cable. There is no way to charge it with it off, and if you just turn it off completely it cannot be in any charger or it pops back on.

Goid Luck

daesong1
Enthusiast - Level 3

My mother and I both have the galaxy note 2.

The battery is completely OUT OF THE PHONE.

I check my usages on www.verizonwireless.com

For some reason my line is completely normal, the data usage recorded by the phones data usage program and verizons records MATCH UP NEARLY PERFECTLY.

Thanks for the good luck wish.

0 Likes
daesong1
Enthusiast - Level 3

No one is responding.

In kb's the usage recorded on Verizonwireless.com

11/18/20132:20 AM517,935.3
11/17/20132:25 AM429,795.1

Phone is completely off with battery out of the phone on these dates.  We can do this because that's how little my mom uses her phone.

Quick recap of things we've tried

Turning mobile data off.

Doing a Factory Reset.

Replacing the phone.

Turning mobile data off on new phone.

TAKING THE BATTERY OUT OF THE PHONE.

Verizon customer service reps will not acknowledge a problem exists.  Essentially accuses me of being liar by stating over and over and over and over and over again that the data usage is valid.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh wow, daesong1. We definitely want to help find out what's causing this data for you since you've tried so many things. I have sent you a follow request here in the forum. Please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/actions to accept my request and follow me back so you can send me a private message with your name and mobile number so we can take a closer look.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
drpeppers
Enthusiast - Level 2

>> Duplicate post removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.  See <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

bonneville
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also happened to me today.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Personally as I stated before it is not possible to use cellular data with a device turned off. I am thinking its a bad posting to your device usage which makes more sense than phantom usage at a preset time in smaller kilobytes per day.

I would dispute the usage via certified letter to verizon, I personally would not trust their accounting of your usage or anyone elses since they stand to reap in millions of dollars on these type of charges.

http://www.bbb.org file a complaint and also contact the FCC at their website and tell them you believe Verizon Wireless is committing fraudulent billing on the data charges.

Good Luck

0 Likes