Class action ? How is this legal ?
Samplemonster
Enthusiast - Level 1

I changed my plan from the 10gb Nationwide family plan. Now on start unlimited for all lines. 

never did I experience voice quality issues near my home until I got this plan. 

It may be related but my internet browsing speeds are slower than dial up. I’m in a small suburban city with all single family homes and strong bars of service. 

i can’t browse. It reminds me of 28.8kbps dial up days but it’s actually worse because pages just don’t load. 

I don’t need 30MBps downloads. I just need to be able to browse and see it show progress as it loads pages. 

How  are they getting away with this? I’ve seen Verizon sued in class actions over the past 20 years I’ve been with them for lesser offenses. 

will jump ship as soon as I get my discounts from my new phones completed. 

0 Likes
Re: Class action ? How is this legal ?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why did you choose to switch to the Start Unlimited Plan from the Nationwide Plan? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Samplemonster
Enthusiast - Level 1

Because it was 10gb shared on 4 lines. 
I hardly hit the 10gb. 

so you’re saying they are allowed to deliver literally unusable internet because it’s a start plan? How was I supposed to know it would be this bad ?

how about 2gb regular and then throttle ? 

0 Likes
Doggo
Contributor - Level 3

People misuse the term throttle on this forum almost as much as they do contract..

A throttle is permanent throughout a bill cycle. Depriotization is temporary based in tower traffic. If this happens constantly, you live somewhere with really bad congestion on the tower you're connecting to.

Didn't answer Ann's question. If you didn't hit 10GB, it doesn't make much sense to switch to the cheapest unlimited data plan.

You could either switch to Do/Play more for extra priority, switch back to your old plan if it's within 2 cycles or alternatively, consider the 5GB or 10GB plans. Might even be cheaper depending on the rates on Nationwide were.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Samplemonster wrote:

Because it was 10gb shared on 4 lines. 
I hardly hit the 10gb. 

so you’re saying they are allowed to deliver literally unusable internet because it’s a start plan? How was I supposed to know it would be this bad ?

how about 2gb regular and then throttle ? 

The Start Unlimited doesn't have a 10 GB limit unless you are referring to the previous plan. Either way, you should have also paid attention to the deprioritization restrictions for the plan you select.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes