Congested Cell Tower
Hydra16
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello Verizon Team,

There's a cell tower close to a school here that exponentially seems to get worse in congestion every month. Speeds often dip to 0.20Mbps despite full signal level (and you'll get like random minutes of packet loss). Calls can fail sometimes too. In times of no congestion, I see around 25Mbps. I pick up only band 13 from the tower and the tower is around 200 feet away. I have friends on Verizon experiencing the same issues and websites won't load at all for them/they won't be able to load anything. Whereas T-Mobile and AT&T have both upgraded the tower (to 5G too) and see far higher speeds on both LTE and 5G. It is disappointing that I have to pay for an extra T-Mobile prepaid plan to get usable data here.

Thanks.

Re: Congested Cell Tower
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Hydra16.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! We want to look into this a little further, but will need the ZIP Code of your area and for you to complete a few steps first. Please feel free to send us a Private Note here, or you can also reach us in DM's on Twitter or Facebook so that we can investigate this further.

*Celeste

0 Likes
Re: Congested Cell Tower
Hdyeti18

I’m having a similar problem in 80023. Service is lacking. Between 136th - 168th on the west side of I25 corridor. 

0 Likes
Re: Congested Cell Tower 80023 80020 Dropped calls
jbonanno
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've complained to Verizon about this area for years and sadly the signal seems to have only gotten worse. I've had a lot of dropped calls lately here and I've resorted to using FaceTime audio when I can to make calls. This is a heavily populated suburban area with more being built all the time. This area includes dense retail, restaurant, entertainment and commercial activity and a busy 6-lane interstate passes through it. LOCATION: North to south from 160th to 124th and East West from Grant to Zuni, The indicated service is quite often no bars throughout this area.

Calls are dropped and outgoing calls/text are impossible to make. Enough is enough. Please correct this. Thousands of Verizon customers live and work here.         

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have reliable service, jbonanno. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We certainly want to look into this further and get some additional information. Is this issue happening outdoors or indoors? Is the data connection being impacted?

-Jason

0 Likes
Sensenjn
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also have issues in this area. Moved here 2 years ago and service has ALWAYS been awful. Verizon doesn’t seem to care enough to fix it, just pass me to the next tech person who claims someone is working on it. Maybe I need to look for a different cell provider….

0 Likes
Sensenjn
Enthusiast - Level 3

So now the ticket was closed with resolution. All I was provided was the link below. Seems counterintuitive to even open a trouble ticket just to close without fixing the problem. Very unsatisfied. 

https://www.verizon.com/support/signal-concern-resolution/

0 Likes