Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Congested Cell Tower
Hydra16

Hello Verizon Team,

There's a cell tower close to a school here that exponentially seems to get worse in congestion every month. Speeds often dip to 0.20Mbps despite full signal level (and you'll get like random minutes of packet loss). Calls can fail sometimes too. In times of no congestion, I see around 25Mbps. I pick up only band 13 from the tower and the tower is around 200 feet away. I have friends on Verizon experiencing the same issues and websites won't load at all for them/they won't be able to load anything. Whereas T-Mobile and AT&T have both upgraded the tower (to 5G too) and see far higher speeds on both LTE and 5G. It is disappointing that I have to pay for an extra T-Mobile prepaid plan to get usable data here.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Congested Cell Tower
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Hydra16.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! We want to look into this a little further, but will need the ZIP Code of your area and for you to complete a few steps first. Please feel free to send us a Private Note here, or you can also reach us in DM's on Twitter or Facebook so that we can investigate this further.

*Celeste

0 Likes