Connected or not connected that is the question
DDT

I have had 4g for two weeks now and nothing but problems.  When connecting through VZA Manager it will show connected but I have no internet.  DNS will resolve fine but unable to ping and of course connect to anything. Why show connected if its not getting out???

Sometime hitting disconnect and connecting back will fix the issue other times its a good 15 to 20 mins before connecting.  Once Im connecting It works great!  Great speed ping for what 10 15 mins before the hole process starts over.     I am wishing I researched a little more before upgrading the two unlimited 3g devices I had.  Very disappointed !!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Connected or not connected that is the question
okapi2716

My USB551L has the same problem. I have to sometimes try to connect 5-10 times before I am "really" connected. I spoke with Tier 2 support twice and the only additional information I received is that in order to force the USB551L to look only for 3G instead of 4G, you have to enter "Control D", and then the password "diagvzw". Then in service, change from global to LTE Only. This forces a search for 3G. Anyway, once I get connected in 4G, it is really great. Hopefully they will improve service as time goes on.

0 Likes
Not applicable

That’s strange that it takes you multiple times before you get connected.  Do you get any error messages when you are connecting multiple times?  How long has this been happening? Has it been like this since you got it or is it a new issue?  Please repost. Thank you.

0 Likes
WeekendWarrior

SammuelP wrote:

That’s strange that it takes you multiple times before you get connected.  Do you get any error messages when you are connecting multiple times?  How long has this been happening? Has it been like this since you got it or is it a new issue?  Please repost. Thank you.

I am not the OP, however, I am experiencing the same problem with my Novatel USB551L. VZAccess Manager shows connected, but it's not sending or receiving anything. I have to disconnect and reconnect several times before it will actually connect. Last time it took 40 minutes to connect. This has been happening since I have purchased it. FWIW, I am using Windows 7. Thanks for any help or advice you can give.

ETA: No errors when attempting to connect.

0 Likes
bfmcvs1

WeekendWarrior wrote:

SammuelP wrote:

I am not the OP, however, I am experiencing the same problem with my Novatel USB551L. VZAccess Manager shows connected, but it's not sending or receiving anything. I have to disconnect and reconnect several times before it will actually connect. Last time it took 40 minutes to connect. This has been happening since I have purchased it. FWIW, I am using Windows 7. Thanks for any help or advice you can give.

ETA: No errors when attempting to connect.

Essentially the same issue here - It says its connected but no traffic is passing. I have 2 devices and both have the same behavior.

0 Likes
DDT

This is still a on going issue.   Most of the time it only takes twice to connect to 4g and the times when it will not connect no matter how many times I can force it to 3g only connect then disconnect change back to 4g then it will work.   That is a sad way about just to connect to 4g.  The 3g will always connect. Signal shouldnt be an issue I am always at 3 to 4 bars.  

I really dont have alot of time to open a support call and was hoping to find answers here.   I have seen others talking about the same issue on other forums.  Some one at verizon has to know what is going on.   Is this some sort of routing issue? It is just odd DNS will resolve but no internet connection.

0 Likes
DDT

I got to do some more testing around.  Of course each time I connect I get a differnet IP so I did ipconfig /all each time I conencted and got a list of what worked and what did not.  each time I am able to resolve DNS but something isnt getting back to me everytime here is a list of the gateways that worked and did not work.

I have the entire config saved if needed but it does look to be a pattern of what worked and what did not.

Worked

did not work

0 Likes
Not applicable

Sorry to hear you are still having this issue. What operating system is your computer?

Here are a few troubleshooting steps:

• First go to Options>Activation on VZ Access Manager
  • Delete the connection and re-add manually 
  • Try creating a manual connection and see if you are able to connect that way. 
  • If still having issues connecting, try enabling NDIS mode. NDIS mode provides an always-on connection, so you don't need to use VZ Access Manager to connect. Keep in mind that while this setting is turned on, your device will automatically connect to the network when it is connected to your computer. 

I hope these steps resolve your issues. 

*Edit* Sorry, Activation option will not show for 4G devices. See my second post for how to manually add the connection.

0 Likes
DDT

I have windows 7 Enterprise

1st I do not see Activation under options.  Ive not seen that since we got the 4g card and i updated the VZ access manager

2nd   I tried to delete the connection but I still connect to the networks that do not work

3rd    OMG did creating the apn screw my card up after connecting it lasted about 15 secs and still grabbed the network that is not working for me.  When i went back to VZ manager 4g would drop and 3g would come up card would power off and started getting wmc604 error  .  

The APN setup added the (+CGDCONT: 5,"IP","vzwadmin","0.0.0.0",0,0)   and removed the

+CGDCONT: 1,"IPV6","vzwims","0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0",0,0  and some how the moble ip turned to off.   I was able to get the ipv6 added back but still have an extra . Im not sure how to remove the 5th.  Any ideas?

+CGDCONT: 1,"IPV6","vzwims","0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0",0,0
+CGDCONT: 2,"IPV4V6","vzwadmin","0.0.0.0",0,0
+CGDCONT: 3,"IPV4V6","vzwinternet","0.0.0.0",0,0
+CGDCONT: 4,"IPV4V6","vzwapp","0.0.0.0",0,0
+CGDCONT: 5,"IP","vzwadmin","0.0.0.0",0,0

4th The NDIS also grabbed the lower networks that are not working for me

Thanks for the Ideas.   I do have a ticket opened now and tier 2 support said they passed it on up the line.  This was opened on Monday they said to give it 48hrs when I checked today support said to give it Till Friday.  ticket# 4515000

0 Likes
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

Don't mess with the SIM card settings because the VZAccess app from the supplier automatically updates them.

They are running IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem) on the 4G network and it auto updates them.

BTW can you log into www.vzw.com your account and see your card's phone number?

Did the person in the store EVEN ACTIVATE the SIM card in the stick!?

THE ONLY one your suppose to use is the #3 or the "VZWINTERNET" APN.

All the others are for specific app and netowrk management done by the VZAccess app (IP Multimedia Subsystem).

0 Likes