Connection fails, but phone shows 3G
coinneachfitzpatrick
Enthusiast - Level 3

Past few days here in Phoenix, my phone will randomly drop LTE and show a 3G connection with decent strength (3-4 bars). However, none of my email accounts sync (they all come back with "unable to connect to server"), SMS doesn't work, and I can't make or receive calls. Toggling cellular off and on doesn't work; the only way to recover connectivity is to reboot the phone. Please note that the drop happens completely out of the blue; I can be sitting at my desk with my phone happily doing its thing, and then it suddenly goes silent. It's not like I'm moving around a low-signal area.

So, the questions:

1) Why is my phone (Lumia 822) showing a live 3G connection when there's no connection at all, and

2) Why am I being randomly kicked off LTE in the first place?

ETA, 28 Feb: This is STILL happening. When I woke up at 0700, my phone showed my work email was last checked five hours ago. I attempted to manually check it and was told that "the server is not available right now." My personal email, ditto. When I turned on Wifi and connected to my home network, I suddenly got several VERY angry emails from work demanding to know why I wasn't responding to user tickets, all of which came flooding in at the same time. I'm paying Verizon's premium prices for your supposedly outstanding service, and so far you've been worse than the carrier I left, to the point where I may very well lose my job. Thanks for nothing, VZW.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Connection fails, but phone shows 3G
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi coinneachfitzpatrick,

Are you still having trouble in Phoenix? It doesn't appear there's been any reports of an LTE outage since you posted. It may be as simple as removing and reinserting your SIM http://bit.ly/TN4QOS to refresh your Lumia's connection to the LTE network. If you're still having trouble, try that first and if it continues, please keep us posted. Also, let us know if it seems to happen after you've accessed any particular application.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
coinneachfitzpatrick
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's still happening, most recently yesterday (that is, 9 Jan). I'm not actively using any particular apps and my email accounts are set to pull every 15 minutes rather than push. I may try disabling battery saver. If that doesn't work... meh, I'll think of something. Maybe.

0 Likes
chik

I am in TX and my phone and my other line in my home both shut down about 5hrs ago and show nothing but searching for service message!! Is there an outage in areas??? We have not even had our service for a month!

0 Likes
kalimarie

ME TOO! I'm in TX and another person on base can't make ANY calls, but his texts and internet works. I can't make calls or send/receive texts, but my internet works. WTF is going on verizon?

Question:

1) Why can't I make any calls or sent/receive any texts?

0 Likes