Contract/ Upgrade Flexibility
bryanbcorny

Do we know if there will be more of a flexibility to change to 4G phones (with promos) before upgrade contract ends? In other words, would i be able to upgrade to a 4G from my Eris before the upgrade contract ends in August?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contract/ Upgrade Flexibility
rcschnoor
Legend

I doubt it since 3G will be around for at least a couple of years to come, but for you it probably wouldn't matter much anyway. 4G is not supposed to be rolled out to handsets until mid 2011.

0 Likes
patriotconan

Verizon's insistence that we pay the inflated prices for phones unless we make it through something like 20 months of a two year contract is some **bleep**.  I would like very much to know the basis for those inflated prices. at 19 months it is hundreds more than after 20 months? 

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

patriotconan wrote:

Verizon's insistence that we pay the inflated prices for phones unless we make it through something like 20 months of a two year contract is some **bleep**.  I would like very much to know the basis for those inflated prices. at 19 months it is hundreds more than after 20 months? 

If you don't like the "contract" you are free to buy the phone for full price on day 1.  As it is Verizon is letting you out of the contract 4 months early (4 months less profit for them) before they subsidize your new phone.  If you don't like it I suggest you move to Canada where the standard contracts are 3 years instead of the 2 years on all the big US carriers.

0 Likes
August03
Contributor - Level 3

You can click the link below to get updates about our services.

https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/formlink/f?NFOQU&SOURCEID=WEB_DGF_VZW_SUPPORTNAV

Also you can follow the link below to read more about 4G services.

http://aboutus.vzw.com/rural/Advantages.html

Device upgrades go as follows below:

Your NE2 is fulfilled after 20 full months of your two-year contract, your are then eligible to redeem their NE2 (New Every Two®) discount off the two-year discounted retail pricing of a new device. 

For the one year contract,  you are eligible to upgrade 10 months within to the one year contract.

0 Likes