Coverage Issues and Getting Worse
hj0
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had Verizon for about 4 years now. The first 2.5 years I had impeccable service in Wilmington, NC, however it's been getting significantly worse over the past year and a half (same residence, same workplace). Earlier this year I decided to upgrade my phone, thinking that maybe my old iPhone wasn't compatible anymore. That did not help and when I called to report the issues we ran through all the troubleshooting settings and backdoor updates that should have had my connection at peak performance. It's been months since that and my service is still getting worse. At this point I can't maintain a phone call for more than a couple of minutes at a time. Now it's become a major safety issue because I can't connect to my home security system anymore. Is there an active plan in place to make whatever repairs are necessary to get back to the coverage we were at 2 years ago? Or do I need to go ahead and switch carriers?

Re: Coverage Issues and Getting Worse
hj0
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well...I got a private message response to this with a link to "authenticate and continue". Clicked on it within 2 minutes of receipt and the link doesn't work. Replied about 45 minutes ago and nothing. Not looking hopeful yet.

hj0
Enthusiast - Level 2

After a lot of searching I found a post referencing the CDMA network retirement. Is this what is causing the massive connection issues even with new Verizon phones? If so, is there a coverage map for when we can expect to regain decent service?

hj0
Enthusiast - Level 2

STILL NO RESPONSE FROM VERIZON

hj0
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon finally followed up. They confirmed that my area should have fair service (not optimal, but not poor). Then I was pushed to upgrade to a premium unlimited claiming that my unlimited plan is deprioritized. However, others in my area with the premium plans are having exactly the same problems. No solutions or investigative options offered. I guess it's time to start shopping around for services with better coverage.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hjo We certainly want to look into this for you. To get started, we have sent you a private message here on this platform. -Dolores

0 Likes
Ebrown7258
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been a customer for 18 years and I used to brag about how good the service was! Now...I'm seriously contemplating leaving Verizon with my 10 lines because it's ridiculous how bad it has gotten!!