Coverage in my area
Whitesocks

My wife and I recently moved to SW Missouri and changed from Sprint to Verizon. We changed to Verizon because they are the dominant provider for the area and we use the service as we travel. We have no coverage where we live but we can get LTE service by driving a 1/2 mile from our house. What I would like to know is the scheduled updates to provide service in the hole in service we live in.

I could have continued my Sprint service at a lesser price had I known the coverage was so bad! It has also cost us more money not being able to use the data and local phone service!!!

Any update on service expansion would be appreciated to the black hole of Missouri!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Coverage in my area
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, Whitesocks. While I'm very glad to see that you and your wife have joined us, I'm disappointed that the service hasn’t lived up to your expectations. I regret that I’m not able to share details about network expansion or coverage. What I can do is find out more about your area to ensure that the service you’re getting is the best we can offer.

I do know that you’re in SW Missouri. What I don’t  know is where in that area you may be. Which zip code are you in? How long ago did you start using Verizon service in that area? Also, can you tell me if you’re getting any data service connectivity (even if you’re not getting 4G LTE)?  

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Whitesocks

65633 is the zip and we are in the James River valley. We can only text and that is sometimes intermittent. The phones slip in and out of extended analog service, which drains the batteries on our iphones very quickly. I'm 44 years in the telecommunications business so ask whatever you need. Put simply the nearest tower is about 4 miles as the crow flies and I'm in a valley with dozens of other people and visitors that use the river for recreation. We just need a tower to serve the valley. If you follow the river you should be able to recognize the dead zones via your coverage maps. Check your coverage south of Hootentown along the James river for clarification.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Whitesocks,

We would never want you to regret choosing us as your wireless carrier. I know how important it is to have a service that is dependable and our goal is to be able to provide that to you. Let’s take a closer look at your service issues.  Are you only having these service issues in a particular location?  Are  your service issues indoors or outdoors? We are here to help.

YareliM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Whitesocks

We moved here in March 2015 and the problem exist indoors and outdoors. We currently forward wireless calls we can't answer to our landline because we lack coverage. Verizon and I have explored the in house units but it requires a robust internet access and all that is available to us is Satellite with limited speed and data plans. Secondarily we don't have a Verizon wireless signal for the unit to work with. All we get is 1 dot of extended that is so weak it goes in and out on reception. I can go the highest point on our property and get no signal. I can go 1/2 mile NE and get 2 to 3 bars of LTE. Our valley is a wireless free zone of residences and businesses that need Internet. CenturyLink doesn't provide their DSL service in our area. So that is the total picture. I spent 44 years in telecommunications and I worked with all the carriers, tower companies and manufacturers supplying materials for towers and electronics. I can tell you this area solution is a tower. Several of my neighbors that have land with higher points, that would serve the area, would provide a site for the expansion if approached by Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Whitesocks,

We do appreciate all of the additional details. You certainly have a good grasp on what is occurring there. We can always get this specific area passed on to our network team. You may reach our tech support at 800-922-0204. Some solutions for your home can be a network extender: http://vz.to/1LgWN4M Also, we are beginning to roll out WiFi calling to some of our devices. A couple of the Samsung phones have already received the update. Others will be receiving it towards the beginning of the new year.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Whitesocks

Thanks for the input but I have been down both of the paths! My original question was, when are you folks going to provide us service in our area? Technical service cannot answer the question. Only your network design people can answer and resolve the issue.

What I want and need is access to network design to make them aware of the issue and get them motivated to resolve it. I'm not the only customer in this area that has the problem. How can you help me make this happen?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Whitesocks,

I definitely appreciate all of the time and energy you've put into solving this. Our goal is always for you to have world class service whenever possible. We're always committed to solving this and doing everything we can to improve service. No plans are currently announced in this area though. If your neighbors would be interested in having a tower built on their land though that could be a huge help. That's only one of the things that has to be solved to build a new tower but it is definitely an important one. They can apply for this at http://vz.to/1EBHTnQ.

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes