Currently 10 apps are downloading updates and never complete download and install. Why?
Svend

My phone will indicate up to 10 apps are downloading updates. It never seems to finish on any of them and continue to installation.  Can not find any reason for this action.  Looking for help on how to fix.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Currently 10 apps are downloading updates and never complete download and install.  Why?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are they downloading over wifi or using your cellular connection?  One possibility is that you have apps set to download and update over wifi only (a wise choice!) and you are at a place where wifi is not available or the wifi signal is weak.

When you click on any one of the downloading apps, is it showing progress?  If it is trying to download them all at once, it may slow them to a crawl.  Try force stopping all but one or two of the downloads, and manually starting each one.

Another option would be to shut down the phone entirely and reboot, but that may cause more issues if an app was in the middle of installing....

Re: Currently 10 apps are downloading updates and never complete download and install. Why?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

How long do you let it go for? I just updated 10 apps over my Wi-Fi connection and it took 7 minutes, I imagine if you were doing it on your cellular network it would take closer to 15-20 minutes.

0 Likes