DATA USAGE COMPLAINT
Prissy52
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I have been with company since 1997 when it was (Alltel).  I normally always upgrade when I am eligible and for whatever reason I was removed from the grandfather plan (unlimited data) I have been locked into over 17 years after upgrading this year to iPhone 6.  I do not recall this information (data usage will change) advised prior to upgrading the phone.  Now my son in college is over his DATA USAGE.  I see this as being too expensive to continue.  Did you guys know the data usage automatically changes without changing plans because you upgrade?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DATA USAGE COMPLAINT
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The unlimited data plan was no longer available to new customers starting during the first part of July 2011. Verizon Wireless again changed the policy when the Share Everything Plans (now the More Everything Plans) were added on June 28, 2012. Existing customers who upgrade at the two year contract price and keep the old Nationwide Plan were required to switch from the unlimited data plan features to a tiered data plan on the line being upgraded. If you choose to upgrade the phone at full retail price (not the Edge payment option) you can keep the unlimited data plan.

This has been discussed on this community forum since the news of this change was released. Perhaps a little bit of research prior to your latest purchase could have saved you some headaches and questions.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The unlimited data plan was no longer available to new customers starting during the first part of July 2011. Verizon Wireless again changed the policy when the Share Everything Plans (now the More Everything Plans) were added on June 28, 2012. Existing customers who upgrade at the two year contract price and keep the old Nationwide Plan were required to switch from the unlimited data plan features to a tiered data plan on the line being upgraded. If you choose to upgrade the phone at full retail price (not the Edge payment option) you can keep the unlimited data plan.

This has been discussed on this community forum since the news of this change was released. Perhaps a little bit of research prior to your latest purchase could have saved you some headaches and questions.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Not applicable

I still get amazed at how some people are not aware of a policy change that has been around for 29 months and also made all the major news sources. Also I'm 99.9% sure the plan change is somewhere on the documents they signed.