Re: DATA outage across the USA?
gjbailey16

Here in Northeastern Louisiana (zip code 71203 & 71291) their 3G coverage keeps going in and out.  It's quite irritating and it's draining my battery life faster than normal on my Droid X2 since it has to constantly search for the 3G network.

0 Likes
mystertee

Got my Version iPhone 4S a few weeks ago, swithced from ATT becasue no reception all day at work. Verison phone worked great till today, no signal? Is this just for a short while, or did I go through all this for nothing? I'm in the Cleveland Oh area (44149 and 44126)

0 Likes
JBasco

I also have been having data issues the past few days. I opened a trouble ticket with tech support...

0 Likes
Re: Did you get a response on this?
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

XXP wrote:

Just wondered how this is going.  

(came here looking for cell outtage information.  Looks like that has been requested.  Would be good to know (a) that VZW knows that our local cells are out and (b) if they have an estimate of when they'll be back online.)

Hi XXP,

I understand your concerns (and all the forum community) regarding network outages. Please keep in mind that this is a peer to peer forum and while our Social Media Team monitors the activity on these forums, we offer more efficient ways to get troubleshooting assistance for critical issues such as network outages. 

If you suspect a network outage in your area please contact us on Twitter @VZWSupport Monday to Friday 7am - 10pm CST and Saturday 7am - 4pm CST. Or call us at 1-800-922-0204 for immediate assistance from 6am to 11pm CST any day of the week including Sunday.

If you contact us via Tweeter or phone we'll be able to check our system for network issues in your area and you will be able to get an immediate response and troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue if applicable.

0 Likes
NurseHypno

>>Follow us at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport 

Hello and thank you for posting to the forums.

I understand your discontent with the service and we are here to help resolve this. Are you still experiencing issues with the 3G service? Does this only incur indoors? What is your zip code? What kind of phone do you have? Is this issue intermittently. We need this information to further troubleshoot. 

Thank you, 

Lena A. 
Wireless Employee
Motorola Droid. Well, LenaA, it is in Delaware, 19904, and from my home and all surrounding areas and for the last month really bad!!!! Was at first somewhat intermittent loss of 3G since got phone almost 2 years ago. Then a little over a month ago began getting intermittent loss of 3G and also of bars of 30 min to 2 hours or more. As of the last couple of weeks, is now almost NEVER have ANY bars or any 3G. What is even stranger, is that it sometimes shows 3G and no bars!!!!!!!!!! This is from same location within my house that used to get full bars all the time!!!!! Nothing on or in my house has changed. Get it away from house as well, in and out of car, in and out of buildings, outside, inside, etc!!!! All this with full charge on phone and/or hooked to charger with full charge on phone!!!!
Have reported it several times and have me do the soft reset several times, check for any software updates to include OS updates but has all been up to date, have removed software to free up more memory, moved software to sd card, battery out--battery in, etc. Still can rarely use phone and can almost never use data at all!!!!!!!!! What gives???? They even made a trouble ticket for them to check the area and towers, etc, or something like that and she said I was supposed to hear back from them on what they found but have heard nothing!!  
I even checked my data usage on my account and it is sky high and yet I can't seem to get browser or any apps that rely on browser/data connection to work. They just keep trying to load over and over and over again but never get to do anything with them. That includes email!!!! And that is if I can even get page to load at all, much less trying to read or respond to emails!!!!!!!! So the data usage is bunk because I am NOT using data as I cannot get data!!!!!!!! I do leave it on hoping to have it eventually load and this sometimes works but then can't do anything with it for another 20-700 plus hours till next page maybe loads!!!!!!
0 Likes
Convoy2User

Eau Claire, Wisconsin data outage. I use a 4G Razr in a 3G area. Last night, about 8 PM, 3G data was no longer available. At 10 PM I called Verizon and they said that they have had problems from the beginning of the week regarding data and 4G phones, even in a 3G area. It is now 8 AM, 11/18, twelve hours after my data outage began, and I am still zero G. The 3G Blackberries in my company have experienced no data interruption. As the Verizon rep said, the problem is with 4G phones.

0 Likes
boomerod

I've had continuous issues with 4G LTE in Dallas, TX all weekend long...my Bionic will show it's connected to it but can't surf, not getting emails, Google Voice connection problems...as soon as I go in to Wireless Settings and switch to CDMA my data is good and connection is fine. What's up VZW???

0 Likes
Doc832
Enthusiast - Level 2

interesting issue I was not aware of until a friend called last nite. The Samsung Charge is also having this problem as are the newer 4g phones. So its an intermittent problem that is across the manufacturers lines. HTC has the least problems. I am just wondering why more of those owners do not post.

0 Likes
LlamaJockey

4G is not functioning for me despite having strong signal on HTC Thunderbolt in Dallas TX. I've switched the phone to Evdo only and 3G is working at least. I've noticed it has been slow yesterday as well, but, hopefully this is being worked on.  

0 Likes
steph_rusty

I have 3G issues in KY- as soon as I  cross the state line into KY from Tennessee, it loses the 3G. (Zip -42101)

0 Likes