DATA outage across the USA?
Doc832
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why has VERIZON not made an announcement or sent an email to people so we know its not our phones and its the network? This would save them alot of problems and phone calls complaining about their phones not working.

HEY VERIZON are you listening?

Labels (1)
41 Replies
Convoy2User

Eau Claire, Wisconsin data outage. I use a 4G Razr in a 3G area. Last night, about 8 PM, 3G data was no longer available. At 10 PM I called Verizon and they said that they have had problems from the beginning of the week regarding data and 4G phones, even in a 3G area. It is now 8 AM, 11/18, twelve hours after my data outage began, and I am still zero G. The 3G Blackberries in my company have experienced no data interruption. As the Verizon rep said, the problem is with 4G phones.

0 Likes
LlamaJockey

4G is not functioning for me despite having strong signal on HTC Thunderbolt in Dallas TX. I've switched the phone to Evdo only and 3G is working at least. I've noticed it has been slow yesterday as well, but, hopefully this is being worked on.  

0 Likes
steph_rusty

I have 3G issues in KY- as soon as I  cross the state line into KY from Tennessee, it loses the 3G. (Zip -42101)

0 Likes
Not applicable

steph_rusty wrote:

I have 3G issues in KY- as soon as I  cross the state line into KY from Tennessee, it loses the 3G. (Zip -42101)

Thanks to the community for responding.  I can see how it could be troubling to have those issues. If you are still experiencing problems please PM your name and number and I will research your account to see what options we have. I hope this helps. Thanks.

0 Likes
golfer8866

I have loss my 3G for about a week now.

Droid X

Why dont they send a text message out to customers? They sure are quick to send out notifications on our bills!

0 Likes
gjbailey16

Here in Northeastern Louisiana (zip code 71203 & 71291) their 3G coverage keeps going in and out.  It's quite irritating and it's draining my battery life faster than normal on my Droid X2 since it has to constantly search for the 3G network.

0 Likes
mystertee

Got my Version iPhone 4S a few weeks ago, swithced from ATT becasue no reception all day at work. Verison phone worked great till today, no signal? Is this just for a short while, or did I go through all this for nothing? I'm in the Cleveland Oh area (44149 and 44126)

0 Likes
JBasco

I also have been having data issues the past few days. I opened a trouble ticket with tech support...

0 Likes
Doc832
Enthusiast - Level 2
They don't really care now. Hosting new cities is more important right now. My wige traveled with me today and had a good taste of the outage, delays and lost signal. The monster VZW HASout grown its functional size. Much like a cancer cell.
0 Likes
Doc832
Enthusiast - Level 2
Motorola bionic, 44060-77 zip code. Also bad in 44094,95,112. The problem varies from all the time to intermittent. Will finish this when on wi Fi
0 Likes
Doc832
Enthusiast - Level 2

The other nite I called CS and after 3 attempts the phone finally held on to a signal long enough to talk with someone. Now irritated that it took 14mile of driving to get a decent signal when I never had problem in this area before. I get a rep that said there are "NO OUTAGES on the network at this time in Ohio". "I think Columbus had one yesterday...let me look, Yes it was from X-z".

The reps and techs flat out deny that there is report after report about these BIONICs having problems. On the 3rd phone and 2nd SIMM card I can tell you this does not help. THE phone and the system are not meshing well.

They deny the VZW Tech and sales bulletin that says " BIONIC is unsellable at this time". Despite going to Radio shack and Best Buy where they are completely gone from the shelves with a sign stating no further sales at this time.

Howeve VZW is still allowing that they be sold online? Some stores never pulled them.  The highest level of CS managers are not getting back to me for over a week now. My wife and I both have Bionics and get completely different signals while traveling in the SAME CAR! She has 3g and no phone signal, I have 4g and No phone, then Nothing...it flickers back and forth. The old droids never did this... Please respond. Spending $2000/yr on phones we expect them to work, is that too much for the countries largest network of **bleep** to do. Yet they threaten you every time you do not wish to pay your bill. Class action lawsuit should prevail at this point.

0 Likes
ladyiris65
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have not received emails on my phone for at lkeast the past 24 hours - probably longer.  Is the RIM network down again?  I'm getting very frustrated as I depend on my phone to receive email and pay a lot for that service.

0 Likes
keefie9986

Service in the Washington DC area is down. Arlington, Falls Church, etc. no email, no internet! Since sometime last evening.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

keefie9986 wrote:

Service in the Washington DC area is down. Arlington, Falls Church, etc. no email, no internet! Since sometime last evening.

Thanks for posting keefie9986!

Are you still experiencing service issues in the DC area?  If so, please tell me what model device you have?  Are you getting a 3G or 4G indicator on your device?  You can message me directly; I would like to further assist.

0 Likes
Doc832
Enthusiast - Level 2

"keefie9986 wrote:
Service in the Washington DC area is down. Arlington, Falls Church, etc. no email, no internet! Since sometime last evening."

Well Keefie, I can tell you that there seems to be many outages. Some related to the phone itself and then sometimes just no network. I can tell you in the Eastern Cleveland suburbs we loose 4g and 3g on a regular basis. While traveling today through 44094 and 44060 I had no 4g coverage. It is regular network 4g/3g area and I had only 3g with my Droid Bionic.

The NETWORK is very unstable and unreliable in our area. Even though the sales people will talk a good line of **bleep** and tell you it is all that and a bag of extended batteries.

VZW needs to do some work while trying to give reliable service.

0 Likes
SCHOOLEY

LG Revolution. 91730. 4th day

Inside and outside

0 Likes
dalwadiz11

Droid Bionic, and i've been out of Data all day!!!!! I know probably not as long as most people here, but its ridiculous. I'm guessing its just my area, but if i drive to the the city, i get full data and 4G! what's up with that!

0 Likes
Bobbyyarb

I am not getting 4G or 3G coverage anywhere I go!

0 Likes
ChargedOff

I have been dealing with data outages for the last week. When I do have a data connection, it is always 4g and never 3g anymore. At least when I could get 3g, I got some kind of connection. 

I've already gone through this with them (last month) and it was down like this for 4 days. Then, magically, it started working again. This is complete B.S. and I've had it! (Like everyone else). 

I've done a sim card reinstall, a network card reinsert, a factory reset (which was a huge pain in the arse), and several battery pulls. Now, my phone is freezing up and restarting randomly. **bleep**, Verizon? I would think that, for $300, I could at least make an effing phone call!

I recently had surgery, and relied on my phone to keep my family updated, and to stay connected in case I had an emergency. I had to hobble outside to find my husband yesterday, because my !@#%$ phone wouldn't work.

This is more than just annoying; it's absolutely unacceptable. And the only thing they tell you? "Do a factory reset" or "wait for the new software update". This is {word filter avoidance}, people. What can we do?

:::::tearing my hair out, and calling my phone names::::::::

0 Likes
ChargedOff

I know my link won't stay, but you can google android police dot com and look up the issue; there's a well-written article about this. "Dear verizon your 4g phones all have data connectivity problems and its really **bleep** everyone off".

I spoke w/tech support again yesterday, and they offered to send me a refurbished phone and see if that works better! How ridiculous! Either they have the most uninformed tech support group, or they really thinking we're all **bleep** that are incapable of researching a problem. Unfortunately for them, those of us who purchased this phone were looking for the top of the line in the first place. If 4g wasn't important to me, I would've saved myself some money. Trying to treat my like I'm 5 years old isn't helping the problem.

They should just issue us vouchers for a phone exchange - and I don't want a refurb'd Charge. 

I hope more people jump on this. It's very frustrating.

BTW, I would've posted this sooner, but had to get to a computer because my network is out . . . again.

Best of luck to everyone. 

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/09/22/dear-verizon-your-4g-phones-all-have-data-connectivity-probl...

0 Likes