Re: DATA outage across the USA?
Doc832
Enthusiast - Level 2
Motorola bionic, 44060-77 zip code. Also bad in 44094,95,112. The problem varies from all the time to intermittent. Will finish this when on wi Fi
0 Likes
Doc832
Enthusiast - Level 2

The other nite I called CS and after 3 attempts the phone finally held on to a signal long enough to talk with someone. Now irritated that it took 14mile of driving to get a decent signal when I never had problem in this area before. I get a rep that said there are "NO OUTAGES on the network at this time in Ohio". "I think Columbus had one yesterday...let me look, Yes it was from X-z".

The reps and techs flat out deny that there is report after report about these BIONICs having problems. On the 3rd phone and 2nd SIMM card I can tell you this does not help. THE phone and the system are not meshing well.

They deny the VZW Tech and sales bulletin that says " BIONIC is unsellable at this time". Despite going to Radio shack and Best Buy where they are completely gone from the shelves with a sign stating no further sales at this time.

Howeve VZW is still allowing that they be sold online? Some stores never pulled them.  The highest level of CS managers are not getting back to me for over a week now. My wife and I both have Bionics and get completely different signals while traveling in the SAME CAR! She has 3g and no phone signal, I have 4g and No phone, then Nothing...it flickers back and forth. The old droids never did this... Please respond. Spending $2000/yr on phones we expect them to work, is that too much for the countries largest network of **bleep** to do. Yet they threaten you every time you do not wish to pay your bill. Class action lawsuit should prevail at this point.

0 Likes
Jbutler53

My thunderbolt will not stay connected in Denver Colorado, 80249, dont matter what G it is, I hate my thunderbolt and dislike Verizon as well, but dont have much choice here.

0 Likes
Did you get a response on this?
XXP

Just wondered how this is going.  

(came here looking for cell outtage information.  Looks like that has been requested.  Would be good to know (a) that VZW knows that our local cells are out and (b) if they have an estimate of when they'll be back online.)

0 Likes
Doc832
Enthusiast - Level 2
They don't really care now. Hosting new cities is more important right now. My wige traveled with me today and had a good taste of the outage, delays and lost signal. The monster VZW HASout grown its functional size. Much like a cancer cell.
0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

keefie9986 wrote:

Service in the Washington DC area is down. Arlington, Falls Church, etc. no email, no internet! Since sometime last evening.

Thanks for posting keefie9986!

Are you still experiencing service issues in the DC area?  If so, please tell me what model device you have?  Are you getting a 3G or 4G indicator on your device?  You can message me directly; I would like to further assist.

0 Likes
Doc832
Enthusiast - Level 2

"keefie9986 wrote:
Service in the Washington DC area is down. Arlington, Falls Church, etc. no email, no internet! Since sometime last evening."

Well Keefie, I can tell you that there seems to be many outages. Some related to the phone itself and then sometimes just no network. I can tell you in the Eastern Cleveland suburbs we loose 4g and 3g on a regular basis. While traveling today through 44094 and 44060 I had no 4g coverage. It is regular network 4g/3g area and I had only 3g with my Droid Bionic.

The NETWORK is very unstable and unreliable in our area. Even though the sales people will talk a good line of **bleep** and tell you it is all that and a bag of extended batteries.

VZW needs to do some work while trying to give reliable service.

0 Likes
SCHOOLEY

LG Revolution. 91730. 4th day

Inside and outside

0 Likes
dalwadiz11

Droid Bionic, and i've been out of Data all day!!!!! I know probably not as long as most people here, but its ridiculous. I'm guessing its just my area, but if i drive to the the city, i get full data and 4G! what's up with that!

0 Likes
budone
Legend
My thunderbolt will not stay connected in Denver Colorado, 80249, dont matter what G it is, I hate my thunderbolt and dislike Verizon as well, but dont have much choice here. _____________________________________________________________________________________________ I had the issue for a few weeks then I lost all data. I was told to do this and data is back, it can't hurt to try. MikeS_VZW I gave the following steps to budone after ensuring all the settings were good in the switch: 1. Open Dial Pad - Dial: ##778 Send 2. Select: EPST Edit mode, Password: 000000 3. Select: Modem Settings 4. Select and modify Rev. A to ENABLED 5. Touch "Menu" and select "Commit Modifications" 6. The device will reset in 10 seconds. Data Connection SHOULD return While this likely would have been solved by a master reset, it's nice to avoid the tedious process whenever you can. I hope this helps someone else out too. MikeS1_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
0 Likes