Data Outage in Westchester, New York?
choolan

Hi folks, I apologize if this isn't the place to post this. 

Anyway, as of a couple hours ago, I haven't had any data at all (no 1X, 3G, or 4G) with my Samsung Droid Charge.  4G has come back for a few minutes here and there, but for the most part, I have not had any form of data.  I've never encountered this problem before. 

I just wanted to check if anyone else in the Westchester, NY area has been having similar data connectivity problems?  Thanks a lot for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data Outage in Westchester, New York?
rapongallo

Just got off the phone with tech support. there is a nation wide outage. she wasn't sure when it would be back on.

0 Likes
norty41

I live in Seattle, im having the same problems, looks like it's nation wide.

0 Likes
dmc271
Enthusiast - Level 3

3G and 4G are both out here in Stillwater, OK. Same answer from tech support--nationwide outage on 3G/4G with no ETA on a fix.

Oddly, for some reason, my Pantech UML290 reconnected to 4G about 20 minutes ago. My Thunderbolt can't get anything but 1X. Perhaps it's because my UML290 connects via a Linux-based dialup script.

Hope they get it fixed soon.

0 Likes
choolan

Thanks for having the patience I did not, guys.  I was on hold for about 15 minutes, then saw 4G reappear on my phone, and hung up thinking all was good.  30 seconds later, back to nothing (not even 1X).  Hopefully this is fixed soon, but it makes me feel better that it's not just my device. 

0 Likes
Cybie257

I found someone to be honest with me at a local store about the outage.

The problem: Too many iPhones being activated and using the system. Until the stores close, you won't see a reliable amount of data service. At that time, it should start returning to normal.

Already, I am sustaining a 3g connection, whereas for the past couple hours, no data, or 1x. Being on the West Coast, that means a lot of the East Coast and Central Stores may be closing and reducing the load???

Anyhow, Regardless of this, I am still a fan of Verizon (Many Years).

Maybe Verizon will give it's customers a free month of Data for the past two outages that affected thos of us who have been with Verizon for a long time...???

-Cybie

0 Likes
Doc832
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been on the CS line for 30 min, but in that time got to this and motorola forum to realize the entire network is down.

However when it comes up there should be 4 g in all areas of the USA...lol just kidding. This is not good. Seems like they hired the tech guys from BB or something.

Waiting to see when the 3g or 4 g comes back.

0 Likes
ddlewis86

Same story here in Fort Worth, Texas!

0 Likes
tracker940

Customer service is telling anyone with 4G phones not connecting to switch to 3G in their network setting till 4G is back up this outage is nationwide, outage has nothing to do with I-phone activations they are 3G not 4G.

0 Likes
Cybie257

It was a DATA outage, not a 4g outage. So, unless you have proof of the exact reason, don't let that make you beleive that it can't be caused a a flood of activations. Activations = data usage to activate + data being used for new app downloads, contact downloads, and the basic usage of a 'new phone' that people just have to do. :smileyhappy: A Lot of resources are being used at that time....

It may not be the reason, but a very possible/likely one. The store clerk stated that today has been a major activation day for many that upgraded/traded in. Just as long as this 4g connection I've had for the past 10 minutes continues, I'm happy no matter what the cause.

-Cybie

0 Likes