Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Data Plan Scam
CellHell

I stopped into speak with a Verizon Rep in Marysville, WA before the big data plan change to see if I'd be safe or if I had to upgrade to a Thunderbolt etc, on the spot.  She told me because I had unlimited data I would be grandfathered in and keep it.  So I've been waiting for the Bionic to come out.

Now I'm told that I have a "basic phone" not a "smartphone" and will not qualify, but that I shouldn't be upset, because the 2gb I get for the same price is good enough for 96% of Verizon customers.  In fact they even were kind enough to let me know that I should be alright watching up to 1 hour of video per month.  But fret not, because if I wanted to keep my unlimited data plan, I could just stay with a basic phone.

I wrote back 4 different times and got the same pre-programmed response each time.  Today I saw that T-Mobile has some pretty awesome deals right now, so I'm going to go swing by there and see what they have.  I was looking forward to the Bionic, but I won't stay with a company who treats me like this.  After 8 years I'm finally calling it quits on Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data Plan Scam
budone
Legend

To defend the rep, they knew as much as we as customers knew prior to the change. Which is not much. Until a change is officially released, none of us, including employees know what is coming.

Although I had a SP prior to the change, I was surprised by the differentiation between feature phone unlimited data and SM unlimited data. THAT was never presented in any of the 'leaked images'. 

0 Likes