Data off but still racking up
Snn5
Legend

Mobile data is off.  The 4GLTE icon is still there, though no arrows present. However, network type and strength indicate 4G still being received.  Bars in notification bar indicate 4G strength.  If data is off, why are the icons present and the strength indicators active?  Shouldn't it now show 1X voice strength?  Does the radio stay on but block data communications?  Also, why, if data is off, does my data use continue to climb?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data off but still racking up
Snn5
Legend

LG G2.  4G LTE ( or 3g or less where aval) is present at all times except airplane mode.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nimporte

You are not using data, rather the 4G is your phone has access.  Try downloading with WiFi and mobile turned off.  You will not get anything.  Turn your mobile back on and you can download.  Mobile does not have to be on to use phone

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Mobile data IS off.  Mobile data continues to add up.  WiFi is on.  Even when I restart the phone with data off data continues to add up.  I know that with data enabled that at restart the phone uses mobile before WiFi until WiFi connects. This is not the case with me. Mobile data is turned off.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone do you have? On most phones when you turn off the cellular data, the 4G LTE icon is not showing in the notification bar.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

LG G2.  4G LTE ( or 3g or less where aval) is present at all times except airplane mode.

0 Likes