Re: Data reception stops working after an hour on one computer
SimonD
Contributor - Level 2

Be Careful. While our members are generally helpful and eager to provide useful information, be advised that Verizon Wireless has no obligation to monitor these linked sites, and is not responsible for them. Accessing any such linked sites is done entirely at the user's own risk.

Thank you

0 Likes
usher

SimonD,

While I realize that supporting the forums is in many cases a thankless job, the forums at least act as some sort of knowledge management system that allows end users to help themselves.

While I also realize that Verizon Wireless is not "supporting" the forums, if they put more information out through the forums, individuals would be able to help themselves and not waste hours on the phone attempting to get support from the Internet Incident Response Team.

Lastly, thanks for moderating the forums and removing information that is vulgar in nature as well as providing guidance to ensure that the sole responsibility is on the end user - why not, everything else seems to be on them considering that VZW as a whole does not seem to want to support a product they have sold to its customers or the service that they're charging their user base for.

Again, thank you for your continued support.

-usher

0 Likes
scotta0471
Enthusiast - Level 3

I understand that Verizon Support is not posting solutions on this forum, but are they at least made aware of the issues posted?  I would think the common problem of failing bandwidth is common enough now that some sort of fix or explaination would be coming soon.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Really don't think their data cards are meant to be used.  My parents have the same issues with a mifi 2200 card that will kick off about every 15-30 minutes if you're actually using it but it'll manage to stay on all night long with no disconnects while it's inactive.  And ironically, anytime I browse the Verizon community forums it dies almost immediately.  Guess they kill your internet if they think you're coming here to complain. lol

0 Likes