Data throttling after 22gb
GUYNHBURG
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, I get It went over 22gb my fault no one to blame  but me... Accidently download 5GB patch.... I was bored I still have 9 days left until it goes back to start over for the next month.

It seems Verizon  Throttles between 1500 local time to around 2350ish. After 22gb have been used. Why you my ask...how do I know this...or just full of [Removed]... I am an over the road truck driver.

And here is what I have done I set my phone as a hotspot and every hour have my laptop do a speed test.

Rife, co  throttlig start at 1450 local time ended between 2300 to 0001

Stoped in Salina, UT you guess it throttling start at 1510 ended at 2300 to 0001

Stoped in Barstow, CA guess what throttling start at 1455 and ended at 2300 to 00001

I have more but...the all the same 1450ish  to 2300 to 0001...  local time....

Also side not look at where rifle, co is....but Good job at having 4g LTE speeds there 50mb and over... but honestly how  Congested do those towers get...just saying.....

And when they do  "Optimize" aka  Throttle it's insane I go from 30ish mb up down to  .02 thats slower then 56k come on Verizon I get it you cant  have every one and there grandmother download at 50mb all the time.....

But .02mb really???????????

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

Labels (1)
Re: Data throttling after 22gb
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important you have enough 4G data to meet your needs, GUYNHBURG. We appreciate you testing out different areas and providing results. The new Verizon Unlimited plan and the Beyond Unlimited plan will allow 22GB at 4G speeds before your data is prioritized. After the 22GB is used your data may be prioritized anytime there is heavy traffic in the area. You can learn more about the unlimited plan here, http://spr.ly/6589DBjMH verizon unlimited plan*. If more data is needed, we would recommend changing the plan to a tiered data plan.

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GUYNHBURG
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still did not answer my question at all..  I understand that after 22GB it gets throttled in  Congested areas.  When you do  Prioritize aka throttling why so  Extreme .02 down that's slower then 56k.... thats what you throttle at. Just not me I talked to other truck drvers that  Has the beyond unlimited plan. All same  When they get throttled it's anywhere from .05 Mbs to .01Mbs down....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We value your feedback. More than 100 million Americans rely on our network to stay connected to their friends, family and colleagues, and to the information they need. Because our network is a shared resource and we need to ensure all customers have a great mobile experience with Verizon. There are times when the network will be congested and we kick in the network management of deprioritization http://spr.ly/6587D8Vhl;

We hope this explanation helps.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes