Dead Area, Dropped calls, Poor Reception 80023, 80022
jbonanno
Enthusiast - Level 2

The cell service in this area has continued to decline as the growth and sprawl seems to have overtaken the capacity of the cellular resources. We have a dense, suburban population with heavy retail, entertainment, medical and commercial businesses attracting thousands of visitors each day. There is more growth coming constantly here to. Growth in the past decade includes a hospital, two Amazon distribution centers and multiple hotels putting a tremendous strain on the existing cellular infrastructure. There is a congested 6 lane interstate highway in the middle of the affected area.

A Verizon owned retail store is also in this dead zone and the staff there is fully aware about the local service issue. (Orchard Town Center Retail Location) Maybe someone at Verizon Support could speak to the store directly to verify how bad the cell service is around here and how many customers are affected? 

AREA: From the 168th on the north to 128th on the south, and from Zuni or Lowell on the West to Washington on the east.           

I constantly experience dropped calls, no service, poor service, poor reception, inability to outgoing make calls or send texts, and low bars/no bars. I also regularly receive voicemails from missed calls when my phone never rang.

I've been given a cellular booster for my residence for wifi calling but that service is less than ideal and in a densely populated area like this, we should be able to get a signal and use cellular service to execute calls and texting.

Thousands of Verizon Mobile customers live, work, and come to this area every day. I'm hoping that something can be done to provide those of us in this area with the type of acceptable cellular service we pay for and that a heavily populated and travelled area like this desperately needs.        

Re: Dead Area, Dropped calls, Poor Reception 80023, 80022
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jbonanno and thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are concerned to learn that the service has been less than ideal in an area that has experienced so much growth over the past few years. As we know, any changes to the area such as seasonal and building changes can cause a change in the signal you receive now that there are more devices connecting to the service. How far away from this area do you have to be before the service improves consistently? What is exactly happening when using the network extender for Wi-Fi calls? We're here to help.

-Candice

0 Likes
jbonanno
Enthusiast - Level 2

Candice, 

Thanks for the reply. I will try to address your questions. The large dead area in 80023 extends from about 160th on the north, from Zuni on the west, 128th on the South and Washington on the east. Outside of this zone, the cellular coverage and service is fine. I suggest, again, to validate this longtime issue, that Verizon Customer Service works with the Verizon store at 14583 Orchard Pkwy Ste 100, Westminster, CO 80023.  This company owned retail store is certainly within the zone I am referring to and can probably provide better information than me as far as what is going on, how big the area is, and how long it has been this way. It's a big area with a lot of customers.

As far as my experience with wifi calling being less than ideal, I will try to explain. When I have wifi calling enabled and I am connected to wifi, the VOIP call audio quality sub par. I describe the audio as "pixilated". For example, frequently the audio will stop and then the other persons voice will suddenly "reappear" and play back at high speed as the call catches up. When I leave my house and have wifi calling on but I am not connected to wifi, I feel like my phone is in a constant struggle to decide between wifi and network. This is a horrible effect on calls. I will hear silence and constant audible beeps as the phone connects on to a wifi network  (probably  Comcast public wifi here in Denver) .  When this happens, I will  miss 1-2 second portions of conversation from the other party. Then the phone transfers back to cellular and its "beep beep silence" Over and over. This is really a deal breaker and makes enabling wifi calling a bad experience. I know this could be rectified by turning off wifi calling every time I leave my house and turning it back on when I get home, but that's not practical and I am not going to do that.                

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jbonanno, 

This is certainly not the experience we want for you, and I am so sorry to hear that you have had such a difficult experience both with your cellular service, and your Wi-Fi calling. Let's see how we can help improve your service, and assist with your concerns. Please reply to our Private Note for additional assistance. 

-Michelle

0 Likes
CWE314
Enthusiast - Level 1

Now here we are six months later and the problem is no better.  In fact, there is almost no signal anywhere in the north Denver suburbs.  I spent several hours with customer service a few weeks ago, but nothing came of it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is regrettable to hear about your ongoing concerns, CWE314. We want to provide you the best service possible. We are sending a private note to investigate this further. 

-George

0 Likes
Sensenjn
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would also like to note this issue in the same area in hopes it is actually addressed. I moved to the 80003 area code almost 2 years ago and ever since then, if I leave my home wifi service is next to unusable. I have had calls drop in my front yard when I walk outside the wifi coverage. Where can I go to have Verizon actually address this issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to help you out with the issue you're having with your service. What signal does the device show when you have these issues? How far from your home do you have to travel in order to get better service?  ~Peter

0 Likes
Sensenjn
Enthusiast - Level 3

The device shows 1 bar, maybe 2. I have even seen my iPhone show 'SOS' before.  Depending on which direction I travel, it could be several miles before I regain useable service. Just this morning it took at least a mile before my navigation loaded the route. I have also spoken to tech support about this and they opened a ticket. I have experienced these poor service issues since I moved to the area code in approximately June 2021. As you will find, this is a very populated area and service should not be this poor for how many people are around.

The ticket is : ***** 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the additional details. At the moment, I do see that the ticket is currently still being worked on, and can normally take 3-5 days to reach a resolution. Once the ticket has been worked, you will be notified of the resolution directly. We hope this information helps!

~Freddy

0 Likes