Re: Dead Zone In Norfolk Virginia 23510
Matt14

I really like the Moto X. Too bad if I buy it I'll only get data speeds less than 1 Mbps at my apartment.

0 Likes
profweasel
Enthusiast - Level 1

You're not the only one experiencing problems.  They started about a week and a half ago.  My data started dropping to 3G in that same zip code. Even though the signal is strong the data speeds have been unbearably slow.  My other co workers on Verizon have noticed the same issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

profweasel,

We definitely want you to experience the speed of 4G LTE; let's get it up and running! No issues reported in this zip code and there is a great 4G coverage. Please accept my request, follow me back and send me DM to further assist. Thank you.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

and 

0 Likes
berniejw

Norfolk has been dead for me ever since I started working downtown in November.  I can't stream any music without interruptions, sometimes lasting several minutes.  I find it helps to turn LTE off and go 3G, but even then the data rate is slow.  Zip code 23510.

0 Likes
berniejw

Also, data rates are slow even when my phone is saying 4 out of 5 bars...it is clearly a Verizon capacity issue in downtown Norfolk.  Verizon simply doesn't have enough bandwidth to meet the demand, so you get huge lag spikes.  Probably will take years to get fixed knowing the speed at which verizon moves.

0 Likes
Matt14

Hello?

I'm waiting for VZW customer service to follow me so I can send you a message to get this issue resolved.

I don't understand why a service request just can't be written to inspect the equipment at the nearby towers. Does VZW have any sort of quality control and upkeep on their equipment? Or does it take a mass uprising and loss of customers in a specific area for VZW to do anything about it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Matt,

No worries, we are now following you! You can now send me a DM to get your issue resolved. We can file a ticket to have the local towers reviewed for issues in your area.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW

0 Likes
Matt14

This is pathetic. This customer service is a joke. I "followed" VZW customer support on this forum in order to send a message to put in a ticket in order to get this issue resolved. They accepted and "followed" me but now when I hover over the VZW customer support avatar to actually send them a message, the button says "awaiting approval". I can't send a message. And NO ONE has touched this thread or even made an attempt to check up on me and my satisfaction.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Matt14

I am terribly sorry that we have not followed up with your request!  I would love to quickly address this concern for you.  I will send you another follow request so that you can send me a direct message.  Thank you for your patience!

Follow us on Twitter

0 Likes