Dead Zone in San Diego (92117)
SanDiego92117
Enthusiast - Level 1

Continuous dead zone inside home in San Diego (area code 92117) since August 2019 (before then there had never been an issue in over the 6 years I have lived at this location).   I have called Verizon several times and their customer service teams have not provided much help,  the only solution they provided was to enable wifi calling inside the house (which is not a great solution for that fact that I am paying Verizon to have service on THEIR NETWORK!)  Using the Network Cell App on my phone I started logging RSRP in the ranges of 105-114 inside the house, which is very unstable for calling inside the home.    Looking for solutions to this issue..  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Dead Zone in San Diego (92117)
SanDiego92117
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, i have to stand outside to get better service.   Both myself (2 phones on Verizon, personal and work), and my wife (on my Verizon plan) all have the same issue inside the house.  Never was an issue until August 2019 inside the house.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Switch to the provider that currently provides the best service where you need it to be 

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Use wifi calling at home 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SanDiego92117 We apologize for the service issues you experience in your home. You deserve fantastic service at all locations. As a cellphone user, I understand how inconvenient it is for you not to be able to use your service, and we want to fix this. If you stand outside of your home does your service improve? Are others experiencing the same issue? 

JacobV_VZW

0 Likes
SanDiego92117
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, i have to stand outside to get better service.   Both myself (2 phones on Verizon, personal and work), and my wife (on my Verizon plan) all have the same issue inside the house.  Never was an issue until August 2019 inside the house.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear about your service issues. Not having a working phone would be a concern for me indoors as well. Has there been any recent changes with your devices like updates or changes in your area?  JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
VitoA

I have exactly the same issue.  Prior to August, 2019, I would typically have 4 bars of signal on Verizon, but since then I only get 1 bar.  Calls frequently drop or are distorted ("robot" modulated - not enough signal bandwidth).

I have installed a very expensive Wilson repeater with a yagi pointed at the nearest Verizon cell tower, but that doesn't help.

Verizon needs to send a frequency truck to see if something is actively blocking signal.

Verizon, please don't say "use WiFi calling" because that's ridiculous--as the original poster said, we're paying to use your cellular service, and it should work.

WHAT CHANGED IN AUGUST, 2019?

0 Likes
VitoA

Verizon,

Please send a Verizon engineer with a spectrum frequency analyzer and an iPhone to Chicago and/or Denver street (North of Clairemont Drive, and South of Ticonderoga).  This is ridiculous.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VitoA, we always want to make sure that you have access to reliable service, and we'd love to help right away. Please tell us, what is your zip code? Were there any changes in your area prior to the change in service (new construction, foliage)? To be sure, does this happen both indoors and outdoors?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
adamgleiss

I'm still having the same issue at my home (92102). Wifi calling is sufficient at home but not when out in the neighborhood or commuting. I've been told it has to do with the new Mexican carrier but their service is basically unusable to me since August of last year. 

I would advise anyone reading this thread to switch carriers.

0 Likes