Deadzone near BWI airport in Maryland
jnorf
Enthusiast - Level 1

In Linthicum Heights, Maryland 21090 near the BWI airport we have a dead zone. It's had an extremely poor to no signal in this area since I started working here in 2008. My phone consistently reports a -104dmb signal outside. Often calls are dropped or do not connect at all. Text messages fail to send or receive. 4G is often non existent and the phone shows a 3G connection 99% of the time. This has been consistent with different phone makes and models. We have about 30 or so people with work supplied phones. Some have iPhones, some have older or newer Androids. Even the property manager of the business park says that they have the same low to no signal issue. Someone has also reported the location on deadcellzones.com.

The nearest intersection is Progress Drive and W Nursery Road. Please fix the issue. I have a guy who sits 10 feet away from me who has AT&T and consistently gets 4-5 bars and 4G INSIDE the building at this location. My contract is up in December and I know management is strongly considering switching.

Labels (1)
Re: Deadzone near BWI airport in Maryland
jnorf
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm guessing Customer Service is just going to ignore this? Or would Verizon care to at least inform me of how to get this reception issue addressed?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer customer forum. It mainly customers asking, answering and discussing issues with other customers. The only time a customer service representative chimes in is on discussion threads marked as unanswered questions.

Unfortunately your post wasn't marked as a question and no one else responded because they didn't have a suggestion or they haven't read it yet. I see there have been only 29 views so far. There are thousands of registered users in this community forum. Not many of them have seen your post.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ejhonda
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's 2023 and Verizon signal in Linthicum  is still terrible (-110 dBm, 30 asu).  I'm visiting from upstate NY, and trying to hold a conversation with my wife has been near impossible the last two years I've come down here.  Last year when I got fed up and made a formal report to VZW about it, they had me jump through the "reset your phone" hoop.  It wiped out years of my convenience settings but did zero for my poor reception (near intersection of Twin Oaks Rd & Medora Rd).

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!