Degraded service past 3-4 months in CA
GILBYLG45
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lived in 90066 for nearly two years now. We live on a 3rd floor unit with TONS of large windows with basically unimpeded views to the East and great visibility North/South as well. Until about 4ish months ago, we always had great service (3-5 bars LTE). Now we're typically 1 MAYBE 2 bars every day, and I constantly have dropped calls. We've had the same phones the entire time (iPhone SE and iPhone 6), no construction or other interference near our building. Can Verizon help? Is there a tower in the area that was recently turned off? Great service everywhere else in this city but this is infuriating.

Labels (1)
Re: Degraded service past 3-4 months in CA
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gilbylg45,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We want to make sure you have a strong, consistent signal. Let's look into this for you. What is the make and model of your device? Is it only dropped calls? Do your text messages go through? Is your data running slow?

TabithaJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
TraumaAlert55
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue in Florida (32696). Ever since I switched to the new unlimited plan, the service is terrible. I used to get 3-4 bars of LTE in my house. It's so bad now, that I'm having to type this message using Wi-Fi. I'm no where near the "data limit", but I might as well have none. Seriously considering switching providers. At least I'll save money if their service doesn't work.

GILBYLG45
Enthusiast - Level 2

As stated in the original post, our two phones are an iPhone SE and an iPhone 6. While at home I'm typically connected to Wi-Fi so I may not notice txt or data issues, but as far as I can recall the only issue has been dropped calls. Even 1 bar of somewhat spotty LTE is enough for most data though. Let me know!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TraumaAlert55,

Having the service that you need is vital. We want to get to the bottom of the issue in each area. Do you only have the troubles in your home?

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GILBYLG45,

We can relate to how important it is to have your service by your side. How are services just outside your building? Are the concerns indoors only?  KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GILBYLG45
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

Service just outside the building is worse with even more dropped calls. I suspect this is because outside i'm at ground level, instead of the 3rd floor of my apartment. Can you please look into and answer my original question regarding if any nearby towers were shutdown or maybe under maintenance?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want this resolved ASAP for you.  I have sent you a private message so we can take our troubleshooting of this issue further.

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes