Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deteriorating LTE performance no matter how strong or week the signal
jme2712

For the past 4 months, maybe longer, the 4g performance on my iPhone 5 has gotten so bad that I am beginning to think it has something more to do with my account/line level than the actual towers in my area. When I used anything data related on my phone there is a substantial delay from when the request is sent before the server replies. Some times the server doesn't reply at all. A few examples: When using Siri I find my self waiting 10-15 seconds before Siri acknowledges my requests, such as "Text My Wife". Sometimes Siri will come back saying "I'm sorry but I can't take any requests right now", which i guess means that my request must've timed out. Other examples would be using the youtube app, when first launching the data tries to load but can't and youtube reports a connection issue. Safari I type in my search criteria, "GOOGLE" for example, and it does not auto populate so I must type in the full name for which i am searching. Then there is a 10-15 second delay before the loading starts to happen. This brings me to the most confusing part of my situation. Once I retry Siri, Youtube or go through the delay the LTE speeds are fabulous, just like they used to be, but it only last for about 20-30 seconds before I am going through the same situation again with the delay. I have ran multiple speed tests and can confirm a standard downlink speed of 10-15mbps and and uplink with an average of 5mbps.  I have 2mbps DSL with a wifi base station at home and I do not understand how my 2mbps can load webpages and send/receive data instantaneously, but my significantly faster LTE device some how is slower. I don't know if I am dealing with packet loss or what, but I am getting aggrivated with not getting what I am paying for. Remember it used to work great so I have something to compare against.

I have put in a trouble ticket in the past and a network engineer called me back saying that I have a weak signal in a fringe area and that is why my LTE is slow and tried to sell me an extender. I live in a constant 4-5 bar area and very rarely do I have below that everywhere I go but the results are still the same. I would really like to know what the issue is as I am growing impatient with late arriving emails and iMessages. The QoS is not what it used to be for me anymore. PLEASE HELP!!!

To add i've exchanged phones, restored to a fresh phone, cleared network settings and none have fixed my issues.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Deteriorating LTE performance no matter how strong or week the signal
jme2712

Tech Support has officially fixed the issue. I'm not going crazy Smiley Happy. Thanks Mr. Styan!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Deteriorating LTE performance no matter how strong or week the signal
jme2712

Tech Support has officially fixed the issue. I'm not going crazy Smiley Happy. Thanks Mr. Styan!

View solution in original post

0 Likes