Deteriorating LTE performance no matter how strong or week the signal
jme2712
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the past 4 months, maybe longer, the 4g performance on my iPhone 5 has gotten so bad that I am beginning to think it has something more to do with my account/line level than the actual towers in my area. When I used anything data related on my phone there is a substantial delay from when the request is sent before the server replies. Some times the server doesn't reply at all. A few examples: When using Siri I find my self waiting 10-15 seconds before Siri acknowledges my requests, such as "Text My Wife". Sometimes Siri will come back saying "I'm sorry but I can't take any requests right now", which i guess means that my request must've timed out. Other examples would be using the youtube app, when first launching the data tries to load but can't and youtube reports a connection issue. Safari I type in my search criteria, "GOOGLE" for example, and it does not auto populate so I must type in the full name for which i am searching. Then there is a 10-15 second delay before the loading starts to happen. This brings me to the most confusing part of my situation. Once I retry Siri, Youtube or go through the delay the LTE speeds are fabulous, just like they used to be, but it only last for about 20-30 seconds before I am going through the same situation again with the delay. I have ran multiple speed tests and can confirm a standard downlink speed of 10-15mbps and and uplink with an average of 5mbps.  I have 2mbps DSL with a wifi base station at home and I do not understand how my 2mbps can load webpages and send/receive data instantaneously, but my significantly faster LTE device some how is slower. I don't know if I am dealing with packet loss or what, but I am getting aggrivated with not getting what I am paying for. Remember it used to work great so I have something to compare against.

I have put in a trouble ticket in the past and a network engineer called me back saying that I have a weak signal in a fringe area and that is why my LTE is slow and tried to sell me an extender. I live in a constant 4-5 bar area and very rarely do I have below that everywhere I go but the results are still the same. I would really like to know what the issue is as I am growing impatient with late arriving emails and iMessages. The QoS is not what it used to be for me anymore. PLEASE HELP!!!

To add i've exchanged phones, restored to a fresh phone, cleared network settings and none have fixed my issues.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Deteriorating LTE performance no matter how strong or week the signal
jme2712
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tech Support has officially fixed the issue. I'm not going crazy Smiley Happy. Thanks Mr. Styan!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Deteriorating LTE performance no matter how strong or week the signal
jme2712
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tech Support has officially fixed the issue. I'm not going crazy Smiley Happy. Thanks Mr. Styan!

0 Likes