Devices never connect to 4g LTE
WISEACRES

Hello! 

We have several mobile devices and although the coverage map shows 4g LTE in 65240 (specially Centralia, MO), our devices never connect to that network.  Rather, they are on 1x and frequently miss calls/ text messages.  This occurs inside and outside of buildings on all devices on my plan.  It also occurs with my sister, who has her own plan.  Actually, I don't know of anyone who is successfully connecting to 4G LTE in Centralia, MO. Our devices are useless there. 

This is not a new problem, it has been this way since we moved here nearly 3 years ago. 

Around a year ago (when we upgraded to iPhone 7 plus devices) we were told a 4g tower was going in to Centralia soon (before end of 2016).  Because the new Hallsville (65255) tower had resulted in such a major improvement, we went ahead and stayed with Verizon.

Unfortunately, we have never seen the signal improvement we had seen around Hallsville.

The coverage map shows 4g LTE coverage all over our area but we have never connected to that network.

We have pretty much decided to leave Verizon for US Cellular but I thought I would reach out to see if there is anything you can do, or if there is an explanation for why we cannot use the network.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Devices never connect to 4g LTE
stef7
Master - Level 2

Talk to your local board. Maybe you can petition to get a tower / antennas installed.

Network Real Estate Inquiries | Verizon Wireless

In your house and place of business, if they have WiFi, you might make sure WiFi Calling is enabled.

0 Likes
WISEACRES

In our homes we are always connected to our wifi.

So are you saying that even though the Verizon map shows 4g LTE coverage in our area, it may not have tower coverage adequate to supply it?

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I'm just a peer on a peer-to-peer forum, but possibly yes, even if the map shows it, perhaps there is insufficient resources. I looked at a coverage map, and specifically one for cell towers in your zip, and there are none. So you are connecting to a tower that is quite distant from you.

Is this the cause of the 1x service? Probably.

Perhaps the site I looked on is out of date. What site are you using?

I recommend turning on WiFi Calling if you haven't so that you have better voice communication within your home. Outside? I think perhaps you're just too far away from the two closest towers to your zip to get 4GLTE service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is always concerning to know that your service may not be up to par WISEACRES. How far away do you have to go before you notice an improvement? Do you have trouble with only data or calls/texts too? Please share some additional details.

ErinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wiseacres, we want to make sure we are providing the best service for your area. I would like to also thank stef7 and all the community members for providing their support and advice. I just sent you a private message so that we can take a closer look at your area. Please respond and we will provide some personal assistance.

RalphT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes